New Leaf Family
Imagine working with a family law team that believes that there is a better way to handle family and relationship conflicts, and in a positive work environment so that the team helping our clients can bring that positivity to them.
We are looking for you, if you are a stellar paralegal, who values our kind of positive working environment, with a home-based option. If you are experienced, have high expectations for the quality of your work, are highly organized, have great attention to detail (including grammar and spelling), and like being rewarded for true value-added, this could be the perfect job for you.
- Hold client interviews to gather information about their legal problems.
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers.
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits.
- Work with lawyers to prepare for trial by conducting research on legal articles, preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, filing motions, and assisting with client meetings.
- Proficiency with Colorado Courts E-Filing.
- Manage deadlines and case dockets to make sure everything is running on time.
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- Talented communicator and writer
- Know Colorado Family Law procedure, in your sleep
- Proficient and efficient and getting Sworn Financial Statements done, on time
$55,000 - $70,000 yearly + health insurance upon eligibility
About New Leaf Family
There is a better way to handle family and relationship conflicts. Our mission is to empower our clients to make the best decisions they can for themselves and their families, and then to help them implement those decisions. We practice in family law, but this is not a typical family law firm. The work you do will contribute to work that helps clients in very real ways.
The founders believe that:
- There is a better way to handle family conflict
- Each client is best suited to determine what they want in the next chapter of their life
- We better serve clients by helping them build the future that they want instead of imposing the “traditional” family law solutions
- The members of our team thrive in an environment focused on empowering our clients
We are looking for family law professionals who would like to work with a team that believes as we do, and want to focus on helping our clients to build their futures.