Hargrave Family Law
We help good people end broken marriages by practicing family law differently. Our clients are supported in their desire to end marriages in a manner consistent with their values. Clients deserve better than a process that ends in warfare. Divorce can become a period of remarkable growth and transformation when you focus on the future that you want to create rather than the past. People need to know that they have options when facing a divorce. We help them find a better way.
If you’re a collaborator at heart, let us hear from you! The ideal candidate for this position will use their Texas work experience and superb organizational skills to compassionately support clients during their family law journey. This position is crucial to allow us to support our clients with superior service, and our team is dedicated to being a supportive resource for our clients.
Please read this posting and subsequent emails carefully; we will automatically screen out and reject any candidate who does not follow all instructions during the application process.
This role in our firm is crucial to efficiently and proficiently care for clients in both a compassionate and efficient manner. The perfect applicant will have the responsibility to:
- Prepare a wide range of legal documents including pleadings, reports, correspondence, and forms in both draft and final form, relating to family law; e-file same
- Draft discovery pleadings, including Inventories and Appraisements; collect and prepare documents for production; review documents produced; prepare and maintain discovery inventories
- Prepare attorneys for hearings, trials, conferences, mediations; attend same when required
- Monitor case court dockets, internal client dockets, case filings; update legal case/client electronic tracking database (Clio) regarding their assigned cases; capture client information; update client files
- Communicate compassionately and effectively with clients; aid in the collection of client information and documents
- Monitor, prioritize, organize and facilitate daily workflow for an attorney(s), self, Legal/Administrative Assistants
- Manage calendars; schedule appointments, hearings, mediations; track deadlines and time-sensitive tasks
- Maintain the integrity of a case’s file management systems regarding their assigned cases, including classifying, arranging, retrieving, and storing information in both electronic and hard copy formats
- Notarize documents as needed
- Contribute to the refinement of workflows to enhance our ability to serve our clients efficiently
- Meet internal billing minimum requirements (1650/year)
- Extensive knowledge of the Texas Family Code and legal terminology, processes, documents as they pertain to family law in Texas; our new paralegal must have worked in family law in Texas for at least the last 2 years
- Is highly organized; able to multi-task proficiently and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with clients, attorneys, court personnel, vendors, etc.; able to communicate effectively and professionally with clients, vendors, attorneys, paralegals, court personnel
- Highly collaborative in nature
- Able to exercise high levels of discretion, confidentiality, sensitivity, and integrity
- Has a sense of humor to fit in with our highly spirited team
- Effective in communicating a compassionate approach to their case management and communications with clients
$50,000 - $60,000 yearly
About Hargrave Family Law
Hargrave Family Law is a boutique family law firm specializing in a divorce using collaborative, non-adversarial techniques and creative solutions. We are committed to finding the right solution for each of our unique clients, advocating for them to protect what matters most while never losing sight of their core values.
The particulars on benefits for all full-time positions:
- Paid Holidays (immediate)
- PTO (eligible at 90 days)
- Health Insurance benefits (eligible at 60 days, partially subsidized)
- Long Term Disability Insurance benefits (eligible at 80 days, subsidized)
- 401(k) benefits (eligible at 1 year with employer contributions)