Would you like to help build your future communities and unique custom homes? Our construction company is looking for a full-time, skilled, and capable carpenter to join our team. The primary responsibility of this position is to help create and assemble the structure of our custom homes and buildings. Due to our unique range of projects, you will be challenged in your day-to-day work, and it’s rewarding to see a project come together.
Glas Associates is an expanding company with strong roots in the Kalamazoo community. A family-owned business since 1960, we are experts in both commercial and custom residential projects and have a staff of over 25 dedicated employees. Apply today!
Applicants must be based in the USA.
- Work with a framing crew to construct the major structural elements of a framed building, including walls, floors, and door frames
- Build floors, walls, truss/roof decking, windows, and doors
- Identify and offer solutions to problems or opportunities to improve
- Work safely with hand tools and power equipment
- Track time and material
- Clean work areas, machines, or equipment to maintain an organized and safe job site
- 5+ years of construction experience preferred (less experienced positions are also available)
- Demonstrated ability to understand drawings, dimensions, and required materials
- Strong work ethic and ability to arrive on time
- High standards of workmanship; we are known for our quality homes
- Ability to follow directions and work independently or as part of a team
- Eagerness to grow and learn
- A high school diploma or GED preferred
- Comfortable working at heights and in various weather conditions
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- We are looking for future crew leaders and project leaders. Grow your future career with us.
$18 - $28 hourly
About Glas Associates
Apply today if you're looking for a great company that can offer:
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including competitive salary, 401k with Company Match, Paid Vacation/Holidays, Profit Sharing, Bonus Opportunities, and Healthcare Benefits. Pay will be based on experience.
- Work with great people. Our team is dedicated, and supportive, and treat each other with respect.
Glas Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We invite all qualified applicants to apply and do not discriminate against individuals because of their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or age.