Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Executive Sous Chef
You love food, and creating new concepts and cooking new dishes is what drives you. For you, being a key department manager -- the Executive Chef's second in command - and part of a team that creates a great guest experience is a role you love. You also value using your culinary and people skills so others can learn and develop. You also are willing to supervise all phases of ordering, receiving, and storing, as well as culinary duties.
In the role of Executive Sous Chef, you will:
- Be a Role Model -- work with the sous chefs, cooks, trainees, and support staff to deliver the Executive Chef's vision. Help hire, train and develop them to make great food for all outlets, including your hotel's banquet area. Be a key driver to create an atmosphere that fosters teamwork and engages staff while ensuring all are working safely. Be in charge in the Chef's absence.
- Be a Delegator -- directing the team so all works as it should, training and working the line as needed to support the effort and deliver on the needed bottom line.
- Be a Safety & Security Agent -- follow your hotel's established safety and security policies & procedures and ensure your team does the same, including all sanitation and safe food handling procedures.
- Manager on Duty - if requested.
- At least 4-5 years of progressive experience in food & beverage (culinary), with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Relevant college coursework is also preferred Fully experienced in the use of various pieces of kitchen equipment as well as with computers and relevant software.
- Physical requirements include the ability to perform medium work -- exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body and arms and ability to work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range. Must be able to move quickly and agilely if a situation requiring quick assistance arises and to work long hours as is often required.
- Must be able to multi-task, must possess good communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively in English.
$75,000 - $80,000 yearly
About Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Stunning views, well-appointed rooms, and a host of bespoke experiences are waiting for you at Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, a Rochester landmark with a history as rich as its future. Here, guests can indulge in an all-inclusive getaway, featuring our award-winning Horizons Modern Kitchen + Wine Bar, the Spa at Woodcliff, The Links at Woodcliff USGA-rated 9-hole golf course, and over 70 acres of hiking trails in our backyard. Recently named the top event venue in Rochester, Woodcliff offers over 14,000 square feet of event space, including our detached Event Center, for extraordinary weddings and unforgettable corporate events.
Of course, Woodcliff is a beautiful property, but without our associates, that's all it would be. It's our associates that have made us an industry-leading hotel, year after year, over three decades. If you share our passion for hospitality that shatters standards, we'd love to hear from you.