Support and assist the Executive Chef in the daily operations of the kitchen, particularly as it relates to managing the culinary and stewarding staff, meeting food consistency and quality standards, while meeting financial and other objectives.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and are consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee and direct food production in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with others to develop new menu items, and create and test recipes.
- Ensure that all food products are consistently prepared and served according to recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Manage and hold others accountable for food safety, handling, and sanitation requirements.
- Train, develop, and evaluate staff with regard to the proper use of standard kitchen equipment and tools, techniques, and skills, including cooking, garnishes, and portion sizing.
- Supervise the stewarding operation.
- Maintain kitchen at the level necessary to meet/exceed the company standards for quality, service, and cleanliness by personal inspection and following the kitchen’s preventative maintenance program.
- Responsible for kitchen inventories including food, beverage, glass, china, supplies, chemicals, equipment, and tools.
- Attend daily/regular meetings such as BEO, AM Stand Up, and F&B meetings.
- Conduct divisional/departmental staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment, and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, using fingers and hands, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to work in varied and extreme temperatures including freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (90°F), possibly for one hour or more.
$75,000 - $85,000 yearly
HHM is an award-winning hotel management and investment company that operates over 200 full-service and select-service hotels with 10,000 associates in markets across the country. HHM is a leading manager of Marriott, Hilton, IHG, and Hyatt brands, and also operates over 30 independent luxury and lifestyle hotels. The highly experienced and stable operating team is known for being nimble, accountable, and passionate in how they drive market-leading results for owners and best-in-class experiences for associates and guests.