Super 8 Nampa
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU:
- Are you are self-motivated with a positive outlook?
- Can you get your team to engaged and enjoy contributing to the collective success of the department?
- Can you lead by example, fostering departmental teamwork and collaboration?
- Are you highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to functionally multi-task?
EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER SUMMARY:
Provides supervision and direction for all Housekeeping activities of Shore Lodge and Whitetail Club to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction. The successful candidate will instill a strong atmosphere of service excellence.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Implement and maintain Housekeeping department standards.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervision of housekeeping staff. Prepare work schedules for staff and authorize payroll for the department based on needs. Complete new hire requirements.
- Perform interviews, and complete new hire requirements. Provide staffing, training, counseling, and performance reviews for departmental staff.
- Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality standards, including visual inspection of guestrooms and public areas including: guest rooms, lobby, common spaces, etc.
- Distribute and delegate workload to guarantee maximum productivity and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Anticipate guests’/associates' needs and provide appropriate service.
- Plan and conduct staff meetings. Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
- Manage finances of housekeeping operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget.
- Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department.
- Supervise the operation of linen, uniform, supply and storage rooms. Place linen, uniform, and supply orders as needed. Maintain inventory controls for uniforms, linens and supplies.
- Complete the established quotas for guestroom deep cleans, as well as inspections. Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc.
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing training for Team Members.
- Participate in and promote safety, accident prevention and recycling efforts.
- Coordinate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Ability to build and maintain a positive work environment by managing, leading, working, and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all guests, co-workers, and vendors.
- Ability to effectively deal with employees and external customers, often requiring patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, resolve conflicts and collect accurate information.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Worker’s compensation, basic sanitation requirements/ controls, and applications of chemicals.
- Basic math skills necessary to analyze reports, forecast and prepare budgets.
- An understanding of the timing of check-in’s/out’s process and how it impacts the guest experience.
- Maintain awareness of all safety, state & federal sanitation, and security procedures relevant to the department and property. Ensure department members are familiar with and adhere to them as well.
- Maintain awareness of occupancy levels, reservations, group business and special requests or functions and their potential affect on the operations.
$13 - $15 hourly depending on experience
About Super 8 Nampa
Super 8 Nampa is a hotel that encourages a fun, family atmosphere among employees and provides a quality environment for our guests.