Williamsburg Area Faith In Action
Williamsburg Area Faith In Action is seeking an energetic, spirited leader to help our community. Our leader will be a person with unwavering commitment to working with staff and volunteers to fulfill our mission to help seniors live safely in their homes by providing transportation and other support services.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan for Williamsburg Area Faith In Action by demonstrating exceptional emotional commitment to the fulfillment of our mission. This position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Salary Range $50,000 to $70,000 Full-Time position with paid vacation and sick time and 13 paid holidays.
In Leadership, the Executive Director will:
- Provide exemplary/social conduct and demonstrate expertise in leadership and management.
- Cultivate a healthy community and culture within the communities we serve and challenge the organization to live up to its vision, mission, and guiding principles.
In Budget and Finance, the Executive Director will:
- Hold primary responsibility for developing and sustaining adequate resources to support the organization through strategic fundraising and resource development practices.
- Assure sound financial procedures and practices are followed and communicated with Board Treasurer.
- Propose an annual budget to the Board; communicate the objectives, initiatives, and assumptions of the budget. Conduct financial operations within the parameters of the budget approved by the Board of Directors.
In Communications, the Executive Director will:
- Be the public face of the organization by representing the programs and positions of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups, local governments, and strategic partners.
- Acknowledge and maintain communication with the organization's donors, volunteers, and supporters.
In Leadership of Staff, the Executive Director will:
- Responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that regular performance evaluations are held and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates people who demonstrate exceptional emotional commitment to the mission of Williamsburg Area Faith In Action.
In General Administrative Functions, the Executive Director will:
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy that achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Have current working knowledge of significant trends in the field.
Qualified candidates will have successfully completed a bachelor's degree; an advanced degree is preferred. the ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years experience as Executive Director or comparable position and will have:
- Demonstrate ability to recruit, engage, and support a Board of Directors.
- Successfully led fundraising campaigns for a non-profit organization in the areas of major individual gifts and grant writing.
- Demonstrated leadership in a combined volunteer and directed-staff organization that delivers services to its clients.
- Created and executed an annual financial plan.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, ability to motivate, and draw out the best in human resources.
$50,000 - $70,000
About Williamsburg Area Faith In Action
Williamsburg Faith In Action (WFIA) is a non-profit founded in 2021. The mission of WFIA is to help seniors age safely in their homes by providing transportation and other support services. WFIA has a network of trained volunteers that provide compassionate and practical services to seniors to enhance their dignity, independence, and quality of life.