Golden Gate Business Association
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Golden Gate Business Association. They are responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plans of the organization. They will lead the organization's membership, partnership, and programming activities in coordination with the Board of Directors. Other key duties include fundraising, event planning, and marketing. This individual shall have profit & loss responsibility while ensuring the organization’s long-term sustainability. They will also be the brand ambassador to our community and membership at large.
Membership, Partnerships, and Fundraising
- Actively engage and retain current members and corporate partners to promote the mission and goals of the GGBA.
- Actively, recruit and retain new members to increase membership and financial donations.
- Manage active members and maintain less than 10% of membership past due.
- Increase LGBTQ+ business visibility through support and networking and relationships.
- Prospect, solicit, and close new corporate sponsorship.
- Ensure corporate sponsor obligations are consistently met.
- Ensure data integrity in MembershipWorks, the online membership management system by adding new members, updating existing member profiles, electronic invoicing, run reports, add calendar events, provide support to members, etc.
- Assemble and mail new member welcome kits to GGBA members, weekly.
- Participate in new member orientation programming.
- Assist with managing volunteer initiatives with TurnOut
- Support planning, coordination, and execution of GGBA events:
- Monthly Make Contacts (12), Member Success, Elected Events, Supplier Roundtables, etc.
- Support Special Events Committee efforts for planning Awards Gala, Pride Business Expo, and other events (Many Faces One Dream Tour, NGLCC Road Show, etc.) through ensuring marketing activities are completed as well as coordination of events.
- Coordinate with other affiliate chambers and other government/non-profit organizations providing programming to our members.
- Support committee leads on scheduling and organizing committee meetings.
- Ensure committees have clear goals for the year that meet organizational initiatives.
- Effectively manage Committees to ensure organizational expectations and committee goals are met.
- Work with communications committee on coordinating marketing efforts for the weekly e-newsletter, social media posts, placement of print and online advertising on media partner print and online platforms, and some graphic design.
General Administrative and Financial Performance
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support GGBA’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the GGBA, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements in conjunction with the Treasurer, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Manage to outsource relationships such as TurnOut, marketing contractors, event planners, etc. Answer office phones and respond to voicemail and e-mail in a timely manner.
- Order and maintain supplies as necessary as coordinating materials, name tags, etc. for in-person events.
- Collect mail and deposit checks.
- Manage Executive Assistant and their projects.
- Maintain Google Workspace along with Executive Assistant.
- Responsible for leading the GGBA in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Meet with Executive Committee weekly
- Attend all Board Meetings for the GGBA and GGBA Foundation.
- Assist in the nomination process of new Board Members.
- Co-lead New Board member orientation
- Ensure by-laws are updated every two years.
- Maintain Board Seat openings chart.
- Coordinate with Government Policy chair on maintaining solid relationships with government & elected officials.
- Maintain relationships with other local chambers and non-profits.
- Attend twice a month Western Business Association meeting (West Coast LGBTQ+ Chambers).
- Manage the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) relationship
- Maintain relationship with SF Bay Times, San Francisco Business Journal, and other media outlets.
Work and Skill Requirements
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree preferred
- Five years experience with non-profit organizations, preferred experience with professional associations and LGBTQ+ organizations
- High-level strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, and the overall community
- Active fundraising experience
- A history of improving financial results
- Strong relationship skills including fundraising, sales, and marketing abilities
- Organizational skills, including demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently schedule time and activities and work independently
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Office
$75,000 + Bonus
About Golden Gate Business Association
The Golden Gate Business Association has been a leading advocate for LGBTQ+ Businesses in the San Francisco bay area since 1974
Our non-profit mission is to champion opportunity, development, and advocacy for our LGBTQ+ & Allied business community. We create opportunities for marketing, networking, procurement, and referral-based business growth; supporting the development of business skills and expertise through workshops and seminars; advocating for positive economic, social, and political change.
- The largest San Francisco Bay Area LGBTQ+ business advocate organization
We are not in this alone, we are able to support our amazing community through our seven pillars of success:
- Diversity & Inclusion