Collins Family Law Group
Are you interested in a versatile role with leadership opportunities in a rapidly growing law firm? We’re hiring a professional and proactive Executive Assistant to support our Firm Management team. You’ll be in charge of managing schedules, making travel arrangements, organizing our systems, and taking ownership of administrative tasks for Firm executives and managers so that daily operations run smoothly. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Our ideal candidate should love planning, organizing, and diving into new challenges. If this sounds like you, apply now!
- Provide administrative support for Firm Owner, Director of Legal, Director of Administration, Director of Marketing, Firm Manager, and Firm Administrator. Serve as the main on-the-ground support contact.
- Maintain Owner/Director calendars. Schedule in-person and virtual meetings, including schedule coordination (internal employees/teams and external, e.g., consultants, interview candidates), Zoom setup, calendaring in case management system and Outlook, coordination of conference rooms and hospitality setup with Office Assistant.
- Telephone calls on behalf of Firm Owner and others as required (e.g., calls to vendors to resolve issues, obtain documentation, etc.).
- Basic document production: create meeting materials, scanning, printing, saving to document management system.
- Coordinate Corporate receipts for expenses such as furniture, computer equipment – ensure expenses are added to accounts payable logs and receipts uploaded into the system.
- Responsible for tracking and paying certain invoices for Firm Owner and operations/utilities.
- Assist Firm Owner with email management and organization/triage for personal and general Firm accounts.
- Facilitate occasional personal assistant tasks for Firm Owner when needed.
- Complete business travel arrangements for Firm Owner and Directors as needed.
- Handle basic tasks such as tracking metrics data on reports throughout the year (e.g., vacations for attorneys, billing timing, continued legal education requirements for all timekeepers’ licensed state(s), etc.).
- Creation and maintenance of annual firm documents such as holiday calendar, billing cycles, payroll schedule, employee roster.
- Basic document revisions at direction of Owner/Director team, e.g., draft/incorporate redline updates to Attorney Procedures, Firm Handbook, Strategic Plan, etc.
- Event planning support to Firm Manager and Administrator for marketing activities, Firm events, teambuilding activities, presentations, retreats, etc.
- Other assistance duties such as food orders, bank runs, document pick up, etc. in coordination with other Firm staff.
- Track and follow up with appropriate individuals for monthly calendar deadlines for Firm operations, e.g., send reminder to bookkeeper on monthly reports, confirm internal reports are completed, confirm billing completed, proactively provide reminders about scheduling of annual meetings, etc.
- Take minutes at certain meetings, e.g., Executive Committee, Partners Meetings, Firm Administration Team Meetings.
- Ad hoc tasks as required, e.g., organization of digital files and implementation of a naming convention.
- Potential opportunity for some travel to other Firm offices, particularly Charlotte, NC and Fort Mill, SC offices.
- Must have graduated high school or received an equivalent certificate of completion
- 2+ years performing supportive duties in a personal assistant or executive assistant role, or similar
- Impeccable time management skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Positive attitude and love for providing support to people.
- Ability to make the Firm Management team’s, and particularly the Owner’s, life easier by working independently to get things done and seeking guidance when appropriate with excellent judgment.
- Experience handling confidential information and adhering to strict deadlines. As an extension of the Admin Team, you will be privy to information which cannot be shared.
- Proactive go-getter with a desire for constant learning, growth, and improvement and who owns the job, no matter whether at 9am Monday or 4pm Friday.
- Experience using Microsoft Office. Ability to quickly learn new software a plus.
- Must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- This is an in-office position; must be comfortable working with senior executives across multiple locations and in a combination of in-person and virtually.
About Collins Family Law Group
We are a fast-growing regional Family and Elder Law Firm with multiple offices in North Carolina and South Carolina. We are looking for members to add to our team who are fierce, strong, and compassionate as well as ethical, professional, and trustworthy. You must be committed to excellence, value clients, and want to be a part of something extraordinary.