Begert Stainless, Inc.
Estimator Sanitary Stainless Products
Begert Stainless, Inc. (BSI) is currently seeking an Estimator with sanitary stainless experience to join our team. The ideal person will be detail-oriented, able to work through problems, and complete complex estimating accurately and timely. As a member of our Leadership team, you will collaborate with Sales, Production, and Purchasing to ensure project success and customer satisfaction. If you have experience in estimating custom stainless tanks and sanitary process systems then we would love to hear from you. We offer a competitive wage (based on experience), a complete benefits package including health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurances, a retirement plan with a matching program, paid vacation, and holidays. This is a great opportunity with a growing family-owned company.
Competitive Starting Salary $50,000+ (based on experience)
- Create accurate estimates from RFQ, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Prioritize the quote backlog to ensure timely estimates are provided to our existing and potential customers
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements from RFQ, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Review and analyze the project requirements and resolve discrepancies
- .Communicate with the customer during the quotation process to understand their needs and provide an economical solution
- Coordinate with purchasing to maintain/update standard costs for materials
- Coordinate with shop management regarding shop standards and BOM information needed for labor costs
- Develop and maintain an automated tool to generate standard costs efficiently for each quote
- Generate a formal cost estimate for each quote
- Other duties as required
- Able to produce accurate and timely estimates with little or no supervision
- Assist with change order pricing
- Attend production, sales, and kickoff meetings and provide support to these teams
- Occasionally visit customer sites as needed to assist with sales and/or understand the project requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred but not required
- Engineering and/or Design knowledge/education preferred, but not required
- Ability to learn and understand engineering concepts for tank and agitator design preferred
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office with advanced excel skills
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Adobe PDF
- Excellent numerical skills
- Proficient in English writing and grammar
- Able to maintain a positive and professional image to employees, vendors, and customers
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to read and understand drawings, BOM's, and PIDs
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate and prioritize multiple projects at a time
$45,000 - $60,000 yearly
About Begert Stainless, Inc.
To learn more about BSI, please check out our website, including our brochure @ www.begertstainless.com and https://www.begertstainless.com/s/BSI-Tanks-Vessels
Begert Stainless, Inc. (BSI) is a family-owned company established in 2002. We are known for our high-quality workmanship and exceptional service. Our work is precise, detailed, and complete. We are passionate about the industries we serve, are focused on our customer needs, and providing tailored solutions. We continually strive to steward BSI with the highest integrity and ethical standards to the benefit of our customers, team members, their families, and the communities we serve.