SES Group of Companies LLC
SES Group of Companies LLC (SES) is seeking a full-time Estimating Assistant in its Oak Ridge, Tennessee headquarters. SES is an Alaska Native-owned company that provides full-service environmental, engineering, and construction services. Our employees provide a broad range of services to commercial, industrial, and governmental agencies located throughout the United States.
As Estimating Assistant you will be tasked in supporting the estimating team in their day-to-day.
- Assist in identifying and pre-qualifying new vendors and subcontractors
- Initiates subcontractor invitations to bid to obtain bid intentions and availability of schedule
- Communicate with subcontractors to gain detailed knowledge of their bid portion projects
- Assist Estimators in obtaining the necessary information to generate and send quotes to subcontractors in a timely fashion
- Document calls made to subcontractors in SmartBid (taking notes and marking status)
- Reports bid coverage to Estimating team
- Monitors office estimating inventory supplies (proposal paper, binders, cd’s, labels etc.)
- Assist with Buyout
- Communicating with Estimating team on calls that need to be made
- Harvesting subs in new market areas
- Confidence in cold calling and following through with potential vendors/subcontractors for out of town jobs
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Intermediate to advanced computer competencies
- Strong service orientation
- Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
- Be willing to work as part of a tightly integrated team in a fast-paced environment
$45,000 - $60,000
About SES Group of Companies LLC
SES Group of Companies LLC LEADS the way to a sustainable future for all stakeholders via our leadership (L), excellence (E), accountability (A), dedication (D), and safety (S). Our vision is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and paid time off (PTO). We want you to want to come to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. We are also an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.