Law Office of Polly Tatum/Mediation Advantage Services
Are you “THE ONE” we’ve been looking for?
Are you an estate planning, estate administration, or elder law Paralegal?
Are you tired of the corporate grind and know you want a better work/life balance?
Are you ready to demonstrate your expertise in an ambitious firm?
Then, please read on…
We are a law firm that provides estate planning, estate administration, and asset protection planning for our clients. We are looking for someone that is well-organized, adaptable to change, can meet deadlines, follow systems, yet uses judgment while providing an exceptional client experience, ensuring that the legal services provided by the firm are in accordance with firm policies, procedures, and standards. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Your responsibilities, depending on experience, may include:
- Organization and analysis of asset information;
- Preparation of various probate pleadings
- Coordination of filings with the Probate Courts
- Marshaling assets and arranging for valuations
- Preparation of MassHealth applications
- Drafting basic estate planning documents
- Assist with titling and retitling of assets
- Preparation of inventories and probate accountings
- Assisting with fiduciary income and Estate tax return preparation
- Microsoft Office (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Records Management
- Paralegal Certificate
- Trust & Estate (5 years of experience is required)
- No Degree Required
- 5 years of experience with drafting documents
- Reviewing all documents for quality and accuracy
- Work efficiently and make recommendations to improve processes
- Be well organized to ensure clients’ files move smoothly through the office
- Follow systems and maintain clients in our case management system
- The successful candidate has a passion for helping our clients and must be able to effectively communicate with clients. You are compassionate, and yet you also understand that the firm needs to work efficiently in order to grow and to best serve the community.
- You are accountable for all your work, never shirking responsibility or blaming others. We are looking for a pro-active, team player who loves what they do and does it with a positive attitude. Also, tracking your time daily is a non-issue for you.
- We are looking for creative problem-solvers that take initiative, have a meticulous eye for detail, and have the desire and capacity to draft estate plans, document templates, and handle everything related to probate and trust administration filings, too. The ability to connect with clients and other firm members is paramount to driving personal and firm success. Integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness must be unwavering to succeed, along with a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team as a whole.
- To get the job done, you must have 5 solid years of experience in estate planning, elder law, estate administration, and/or long-term care planning experience.
- In a nutshell, you will have a knack for producing excellent work, have excellent follow-through, are great with clients, and can follow procedures. You are adaptable to change, and you have a track record of meeting deadlines. You are also coachable, have a positive attitude, willing to learn, and always treat others with respect.
- If you are “THE ONE” we are looking for, please tell us why we should schedule an interview with you, and include your desired pay requirements, as well.
$50,000 - $60,000 yearly
About Law Office of Polly Tatum/Mediation Advantage Services
The Law Office of Polly Tatum/Mediation Advantage Services is a family-oriented entrepreneurial law firm with a mission of making the lives of families from every phase in life, parents with young children, to elderly families better and we are seeking a sharp, driven, friendly, compassionate Associate Attorney to become part of our team for the long-term.
Our office is located in Worcester, Massachusetts.