Trinity Elder Law & Estate Planning LLC
If you are a current law school student or a recent law school graduate and have superb research and writing skills, we want to hear from you. Our law firm is looking for the next law clerk to help our attorney shine. You will work closely with our dedicated team to learn about basic estate planning and help us prepare and draft basic estate planning documents. You will also have the opportunity to follow up with clients as needed to confirm or obtain details. Job seekers should be detail-oriented, have an interest in the growing field of estate planning and elder law, be able to exercise critical thinking skills have sound judgment, be a stellar proofreader and researcher and have a strong commitment to ethics. If this sounds like you, reach out to us today!
- Follow up with clients in a timely manner regarding missing documentation and ask clarifying questions with the utmost level of professionalism.
- Conduct research as needed.
- Draft basic wills, powers of attorney, healthcare powers of attorney and advanced directives within established timeframe and by deadlines.
- Proofread initial drafts.
- Enter all client information accurately into MyCase and within established procedures.
- Track and enter all time worked daily.
- Help prepare estate planning documents in advance of client signing meetings.
- Help prepare basic letters and client correspondence.
- Draft and proofread estate administration documents.
- Proactively help manage and prepare for client appointments to assist attorney.
- Manage Estate Administration calendar utilizing MyCase to track deadlines.
- Prepare all documents related to EA cases (probate petition, notices, advertising, certifications of notice, inventory, inheritance tax returns, settlement agreements)
- Should have great attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- At least one year of experience in working in the legal field
- Current law school student with a bachelor’s degree or recent law school graduate
- Incredibly results-focused
- Ability to think through scenarios and ask questions
- Proofreading skills with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized with excellent time management
- Team player
- Open communicator
- Dedicated and strong work ethic
- Ability to work 15-20 hrs/week
- High follow-through skills
- Excellent client service
- High degree of care and professionalism
- Ability to utilize Lackner Software
- Ability to manage all communications in MyCase
- Ability to work in the office 2 – 4 days per month (office is 45 minutes to 1 hour from local law schools), more on breaks
- Specific availability for client telephone calls
- Current law school student with an undergraduate degree
$20 - 22 hourly DOE
About Trinity Elder Law & Estate Planning LLC
Trinity Elder Law & Estate Planning LLC is a law firm entirely dedicated to elder care and special needs planning. We are located in Butler, Pennsylvania, and serve families throughout western Pennsylvania. We assist families in the areas of Medicaid Planning, VA Benefits Planning, Special Needs Planning, and Estate Planning.