Yana Feldman & Associates, PLLC
Paralegal needed for Brooklyn Boutique Estate Planning and Elder Law Firm
We’re hiring a paralegal to assist in preparing estate planning documents, funding trusts, coordinating law office activity, and conducting legal research. Applicants should be experienced, highly-organized professionals with great attention to detail. If this sounds like a job you’ll love, apply below.
The ideal paralegal for our Brooklyn-based boutique Estate Planning and Elder Law Firm is compassionate and productive, with the right combination of empathy, communication skills, attention to detail, and technical know-how. You'll play an integral role in creating memorable client experiences and helping the owner of the firm grow the business.
If your resume meets our qualifications, we will contact you to complete a written interview prior to scheduling an in-person (virtual) interview.
- Follow up with retained clients to confirm and finalize their estate plan details.
- Draft estate planning documents using ElderCounsel and WealthCounsel software based on directions of attorney.
- Schedule and arrange document signing.
- Ensure all documents, drafts and final documents are properly saved per office policy.
- Prepare deeds and assignment documents to transfer assets into trust.
- Assist clients in transferring financial accounts and any other assets into trust.
- Keep contemporaneous time records of all tasks.
- Lead weekly case status update meeting with owner.
- Maintain up to date notes on all matters in our case management system.
- Help co-workers and clients as needed.
- Must have experience at an estate planning or elder law firm.
- Must have great time-management and organizational skills
- You must be comfortable with a computer and demonstrate proficiency with common office applications (Word, Excel, Gsuite, Google, and so on).
- You must have excellent spelling and grammar.
- We will ask you to demonstrate a penchant for accuracy and attention to detail, which are required to avoid mistakes that can cost our clients (and us) dearly.
- You MUST be a positive person. If your middle name is “Drama,” you will not be successful here.
- If you only see problems and not opportunities, you will not be happy here.
- Excellent and empathetic verbal and written communication skills required.
- We work with people experiencing a combination of stress, anxiety, sadness, confusion, and sometimes anger. We are looking for someone who can dig in to find how to help people (even when they seem unlovable). If this sounds like you, we look forward to meeting you.
About Yana Feldman & Associates, PLLC
We are Legacy Lawyers - our firm helps our clients to protect and create a legacy for their families - we want to create a lifelong relationship with our clients as they go through their lives.
We are growing fast, and we are investing time and energy in building our A-Team. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running.