Law Office of Polly Tatum/Mediation Advantage Services
Are you “THE ONE” we’ve been looking for?
- Are you an estate planning, estate administration, or elder law attorney?
- Are you tired of the corporate grind and know you want a better work/life balance?
- Are you a great attorney who wants to help clients, but doesn’t want to or is tired of the marketing and management grind and metrics it takes to run your own law firm?
- Do you feel called to serve others to help them navigate end of life issues?
- Are you ready to demonstrate your expertise in an ambitious firm?
Then, please read on…
The Law Office of Polly A. Tatum is expanding its estate planning practice and is seeking to employ an Associate Attorney.
The Firm is committed to:
- Client Education and excellent community service
- Providing a professional service with kindness and compassion
- Prioritizing and preserving the client’s dignity and peace of mind
We want to be known for helping clients through an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that truly cared and fought for them.
If the following statements describe you, then you may be our next Associate Attorney!
- You respect yourself and everyone you engage with
- You are an amazing scheduler placing a high value on attention to detail
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- You are not “Drama Driven”
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- There are no tasks “beneath you” to perform
- You can respectfully and effectively delegate
- You think on your feet and make smart decisions
- You typically look to dive in and help where necessary
Job Type: This is a full-time job where you will need to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work for 40 hours per week.
Salary: Competitive compensation based on experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Central Massachusetts Law Office
- Maintain the standards and ethics of a member of the Court
- Oversee the workflow in the practice areas of Estate Administration, Estate Planning, Medicaid Planning and, Litigation
- Managing workflow ensuring that the production and supports provided for the clients are efficiently directed
- Oversee the metrics analysis created by the focusers and organizational metrics
- Build synergy relationships
- Present at seminars and workshops
- Build a network for business development
- Maintain and participate in local and regional business organizations that will increase capacity for the practice
- Conduct workshops for presentation on-site and make public presentations to introduce and educate individuals on the fundamentals of estate planning
- Meet with clients and prospective clients to draft plans for estate planning to protect assets and create a legacy for economic empowerment
- Counsel clients and potential clients on how to avoid probate, minimize taxes and, create legacies while protecting their family assets
- Supervise the Legal Assistant overseeing the drafting and review of documents and the transfer of assets into the Trusts
- Manage the probate process through the completion of petitions and publications to retitling of property
- Meet with clients to provide clarity and instruction on expectations, outcomes and, procedures
- Assure and ensure that court timelines are maintained and honored to meet court standards
- Provide legal expertise and professional judgment in representing clients
- A law degree from an accredited Law School
- Massachusetts Bar License and in good standing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the focus area of Estate Planning and Elder Law
- Experience in Medicaid planning is key
- Excellent verbal communication skills in negotiation, public speaking, and diplomacy
- Strong legal research, analytical, and writing skills
- Prior experience using CRM software such as Infusionsoft and Lawmatics is advantageous
$75,000 - $100,000
About Law Office of Polly Tatum/Mediation Advantage Services
The Law Office of Polly Tatum/Mediation Advantage Services is a family-oriented entrepreneurial law firm with a mission of making the lives of families from every phase in life, parents with young children, to elderly families better and we are seeking a sharp, driven, friendly, compassionate Associate Attorney to become part of our team for the long-term.
Our office is located in Worcester, Massachusetts.