The Estate Plan
If you have experience in estate planning, you may be an excellent addition to our growing law firm. We are looking for a highly analytical candidate with good negotiation and organizing skills who can work full time. As our estate planning attorney, you will draft wills, trusts, and powers of attorney for our clients and their families. To ensure that an estate's management is handled in accordance with the wishes of the estate owner, this position requires a significant level of responsibility. The applicant we are looking for must have extensive knowledge of estate planning. If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Maintain client files to ensure they are properly organized and up to date
- Draft and file wills, trusts, and powers of attorney
- Consult clients about your plans for distributing their assets
- Advise clients regarding retirement plans, charitable giving, and insurance options
- Collaborate with senior partners and paralegals to effectively move files through the civil litigation process
Competent Provision of Legal Services
- Legal Consultations/Meetings
- Legal research
- Drafting motions, pleadings, orders, judgments, and status updates
- Overseeing and analyzing discovery
- Managing Case Files
The Law Firm Associate should delegate to Paralegals and legal staff to accomplish tasks where appropriate but remains responsible for ensuring the timely and professional completion of the work assigned.
Represent clients in complex legal issues and if chosen by a Senior Attorney, second chair/co-chair to build depth of legal acumen.
- Oversee, counsel, guide, train, and mentor Paralegals and legal staff, including assigning work and monitoring work product
- In conjunction and consultation with the Managing Partner/Owner and Firm Administrator, conduct performance evaluations and make recommendations for recruitment, hiring, promotion, and termination
Management and Coordination
- Monitor relevant caseload pipeline and act as necessary to move cases progressively forward and through the pipeline in accordance with defined milestones
- Proactively work with the Managing Partner/Owner to assess and ensure efficient effective operations of the Firm during monthly diagnostic meetings. Make recommendations on the design, deployment, and execution of policies, procedures, processes, checklists, templates, forms, etc. to create systems that run the business efficiently and profitably
- Financial and Business Performance
- Immediate Paralegal and Administrative Team People Management, Leadership, and Team/Skills Development
- Business Development and Community Engagement
- Client Relationship Management
- Program and Professional Development
- Experience at a legal firm working on estate planning and probate law issues for at least 1-2 years is required
- Working knowledge of title insurance, wills, trusts, property management, and residential and commercial real estate law, including litigation
- Active member of the ABA (American Bar Association)
- 4-year degree with a legal background and J.D. degree are necessary for this position
- Great communication skills, particularly in stressful and emotional situations
$80,000 - $120,000
About The Estate Plan
This is the break you've been waiting for! If you're here, you're ready for a change. We offer serious opportunities to grow rapidly. We need incredible multitasking people to join us in supporting our team and helping our clients. From awesome Macbooks to ultrawide monitors, we'll set you up the right way. You'll be trained and given opportunities to attend workshops and coaching sessions. We laugh a lot, play games during team time, communicate in our chat rooms using emojis and GIFs, and make sure you're having a great day.
Our mission is to become the biggest and best estate law firm in Florida in the next two years. We deliver meaningful experiences for our staff and clients, embrace technology and eliminate paper. Also, we have puppies in the office.
Benefits for qualified employees include: PTO, Medical & GAP insurance, Dental, Vision, 401(k) (matching), Life Insurance, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Professional Development