Sheryll Law, PC
We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You'll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Value estate assets and draft court forms, petitions, and orders for Surrogate's Court proceedings.
- Assist in the transfer and distribution of trust and probate assets.
- Communicating with the court or other government agencies regarding the status of a case.
- Reviewing documents and titles to determine ownership of assets and interests in property.
- Coordinating with the personal representative and other attorneys in the case to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Drafting legal documents such as deeds and other real estate records
- Reviewing financial documents such as bank statements, court records, and probate records to verify accuracy and identify issues
- Helping families settle estates by locating and appraising assets, paying bills and taxes, and distributing assets to heirs
- Collecting information about an estate from beneficiaries and other interested parties
- Managing accounts and paying bills on behalf of the estate using computer software applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
$56,000 - $61,000 yearly
About Sheryll Law, PC
Our firm helps people protect their hard-earned legacy from probate, long-term care expenses, and unnecessary taxes by planning ahead. We believe everyone should make an estate plan to protect as much of their money as possible.
We are here to guide our clients through the complicated probate, tax, and long-term care laws, achieve positive results, and help them provide a legacy for their families. It is incredibly important to us that our clients come out of an extremely emotional process where their future may quite literally be on the line feeling that they had a legal team behind them who really cared, fought for them, and gave them a voice.