New York Life - Nassau-Suffolk NY
We’re looking for people who want to make a lasting impact on the financial well-being of individuals, families and small businesses. This is not just a sales job. This is a career with purpose and opportunity. You’ll provide peace of mind to your clients while helping them navigate challenges that many of them find complex and confusing, such as preparing for retirement and saving for college. As an insurance agent, you will have the opportunity to see the positive impact of your work for years to come. You will grow personally and professionally along with your clients. There is also opportunity for a Fast Track to Management program.
We provide full benefits.
- Ability to understand the needs and financial concerns of clients
- Ability to educate clients on how to plan ahead for the future financially so that they are prepared for unfortunate life events/ circumstances they may encounter
- Promote customized ways for clients to achieve their long-term financial goals
- Cultivating relationships, with a view to helping every family member or individual pursue financial security
- Ability to build an insurance and financial practice through establishing professional networks and prospecting for new clients
- Providing compassion and guidance to clients when unfortunate life circumstances arise
- Having a clear focus on developing and maintaining long-term bonds with clients, resulting in trust and continuity of community over time
- Experience is not an issue. Preferred but not required
- We’ll equip and train you with a multi-faceted approach that includes an industry-leading learning platform, personalized coaching from dedicated training professionals, and the ability to obtain industry professional designations. We are so committed to training that we’ll subsidize it in your first two years, providing you with additional funds to help keep you on your feet while you complete our training program and grow your business. You’ll also get rewarded and acknowledged with sales incentives and professional development trips for our top-performing insurance agents
- Sales experience preferred – entrepreneurial mindset, no mile too far
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Desire to help families and businesses to “Be Good At Life.”
- Strong business acumen
- Professional business demeanor
- Perseverance in the face of a challenge
- Ability to engage your community and leverage personal networks/contacts
About New York Life - Nassau-Suffolk NY
New York Life is a Fortune 100 company with a long history of doing good. We have been in business for over 175 years, helping generations of Americans protect their families and attain their financial goals. As a mutual company, we are accountable only to our policyholders, not to Wall Street or outside investors. We are focused on long-term success for our clients.
We’re proud of our position in the industry • Training Magazine 2021: Top Companies for Learning and Development • Fortune Magazine 2021: New York Life ranks #1 in 2021 Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies list for Insurance: Life and Health.
We’re proud to be recognized by organizations that also value diversity. • 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity: New York Life ranks #82 out of the 500 companies recognized • LATINA Style 2019: Company of the Year • Forbes 2019: America’s Best Employers for Diversity • Diversity Inc 2018: Top 50 Companies for Diversity