Lodestar Tax and Consulting
We are looking for a full-time, reliable Enrolled Agent/Tax Preparer. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
At our firm, you aren’t just a number, you will directly impact the companies growth and success!
You will have the ability to learn and understand multiple areas of the firm, and also have the ability to grow.
- Record day-to-day financial transactions
- Reconciliation of books
- Creating and reviewing P&L statements
- Create and implement tax strategy plans
- Assisting with tax returns
- Creating weekly financial reports
- Enter data, maintain records, create reports and financial statements and assist with payroll processing
- Create/Pay invoices
- Process booked revenue
- Record all collections
- Monitor daily cash balances for all entities
- Process external and inter-company transfers and wires
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Enrolled Agent license in good standing
- Experienced IRS negotiation skills
- 3 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably in the real estate field is a plus
- Ability to prepare tax returns preferred with knowledge of tax strategies
- Technologically savvy with strong data entry skills (Microsoft Excel, 10-key, Google Docs, etc)
- Strong quantitative, analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Self-Starter and self-motivated
- Strives for client happiness
- Works well with deadlines
$20 hr + Benefits
About Lodestar Tax and Consulting
Lodestar Tax & Consulting was founded in 1998 as a small tax preparation office assisting families and small businesses in Northwest Indiana. Since then, Lodestar Tax & Consulting has grown to help businesses across the United States scale and reach their full potential through business planning, establishing and improving financial processes, and tax strategy and preparation.