The current engineering department consists of an Engineering Manager and Design Engineer. This position will augment those roles and be a thorough mix of design, hands-on testing, manufacturing support, and focus on project management of new and in-progress projects.
This full-time student position is for the Spring 2022 academic semester: January - May 2022
- Mechanically inclined, must also be comfortable with electrical / electronics
- Ability to collaborate as a team
- Devise and write test procedures, facilitate tests and document findings in a clear report format
- Perform brewing experiments using Spike equipment (and clean up, because brewing is 90% cleaning!)
- Comfortable w/ all manners of fabrication techniques found in a metal-working shop (welding, forming,
- machining, grinding, cutting, etc)
- Support manufacturing projects and work closely as a facilitator to Production needs
- Perform competitive research and help facilitate design concept analysis & selection
- Support troubleshooting of customer issues or addressing vendor quality concerns as they arise
- CAD and/or Solidworks proficiency is a big plus
Key Traits Needed to Join This Team:
- Enterpriser – Spike is a small company (25 employees) and thus most departments are smaller. We are looking for someone to come in and feel comfortable working day to day without constant guidance from a superior.
- Self-Motivated / Self-Starter – A clear objective and rough plan will be developed by the entire engineering team. We will rely on you to help build out this plan so that the objective can be reached. Day-to-day tracking of these plans and working toward the milestones will be part of your responsibilities.
- Detail Oriented – For a small company, quality is in the details and our company prides itself on quality. A detailed, well-thought-out plan is needed to bring a project to fruition on time & on budget.
- Organized / Planner – The engineering department is responsible for bringing a product from concept to prototype to testing to production quickly and efficiently. In order to contribute to this team, we are looking for people with organizational skills to help do this.
$18 / hour
About Spike Brewing
Spike Brewing manufactures high-end home brewing equipment. At Spike, we take pride in our craftsmanship and ingenuity. Our team works tirelessly to deliver products that not only meet the demands of our customers but exceed their expectations, too. And everything we make is designed, welded, and assembled in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We like to think our commitment to our customers speaks volumes about what makes Spike different. Some might say our products speak for themselves.
- Health insurance
- Vision and dental insurance
- 401k program
- Quarterly bonus program
- Free beer on tap!
Learn some more about Spike by visiting our website: www.spikebrewing.com