EMDR Therapist (In-Person in Berkeley, California)
Founded by a trauma therapist (not a VC-backed company), Evergreen Counseling is the first boutique, trauma-informed therapy center in the area.
At Evergreen, we center our clients, by providing exceptional, professional, warm, and humanistic care. Each staff member is trauma-informed and possesses advanced training in trauma treatment modalities so that we can serve clients presenting with single incident traumas, or early relational traumas (sometimes called developmental trauma).
At Evergreen, we also center our staff, providing the most comprehensive benefits package of any therapy center in the Bay Area (more on that below), only require a 25-client caseload, and provide ongoing training, consultation, and advanced education opportunities, all the while surrounding the clinical team with exceptionally responsive leadership and administrative support to help you in your role as a therapist.
- We are currently seeking a clinician who is EMDR-basic trained and eager to practice their EMDR skills (and possibly grow into EMDRIA-Certified status) while seeing a full caseload of EMDR clients (25 weekly)
- This role will, like all roles at the center, embody the values of Evergreen Counseling: professional excellence, warmth, and clinical rigor, and this role will join the rest of the team as we strive to create an inclusive environment for all of Evergreen’s clients
- In addition to providing high-quality clinical care to your caseload, on an ongoing basis you will complete the (relatively minimal but rigorously sound) documentation we require (treatment plans, SOAP notes, charting, discharge notes, etc.), conduct any necessary consult calls with prospective new clients assigned to your caseload, get in touch with lateral providers when and if needed, and you will have the opportunity (but are not required to participate in) monthly peer support groups and/or access Evergreen Counseling’s clinical leadership team at any point for consultation and support
- Evergreen Counseling is committed to ensuring our clinicians have the time and support to care for themselves and develop their skills as we serve our clients
- You have an active, unrestricted LMFT/LCSW/LPCC license or active license in clinical psychology (Ph.D. or PsyD from an accredited university) and are fully licensed (please note we are not accepting Associate applicants at this time) to practice in California.
- You are EMDR basic trained with the subsequent 10 sessions completed (or higher levels of training - eg. Certified, CIT or Consultants welcome).
- You’re willing and able to hold 25 client sessions weekly across the following days and times: Tuesday 8 am - 4 pm, Wednesday, 8 am - 4 pm, Thursday, 8 am - 4 pm, Friday 8 am - 12 pm (hours and days somewhat flexible depending on room use at the center, conversations about preferred scheduling welcome if this doesn’t suit you).
- Should the need to conduct sessions at home ever arise, you have a private, confidential, and sound-proofed home office with a reliable internet connection.
- You have the clinical training and experience that equips you to work well with clientele with attachment trauma/developmental trauma including higher levels of dissociation.
- You are compassionate, warm, personable, hard-working, and reliable.
- You’re willing and able to commit to a full-time role at Evergreen Counseling for at least 2 years.
About Evergreen Counseling
Evergreen Counseling provides a competitive compensation package that includes not only fees earned from clinical sessions and administrative time but also the following benefits to support your physical, mental, emotional, and financial wellness, now and in the future:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401K plan with a 4% match
- Paid sick time
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 529 savings plan
- Ongoing training, workshops, and guest presenters on salient clinical topics
- Enjoyable, diverse, motivated, and rewarding clients
- Monthly peer consult groups led by our Clinical Director, EMDR consultation groups led by our center’s owner (an EMDR Consultant in Training)
- One month of time off/vacation per year