Sable Systems International
Sable Systems International is looking for a Quality-minded Electronics Test Technician. Are you detail-oriented where quality for the product that goes out the door is the most important job? Do you like being part of a great team? If so, then we are looking for you.
We offer great benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and have a 401k.
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Assist Team in prototype design, development, and testing of boards
- Assist Team in the redesign and testing of existing boards
- Assist Team in the design of board-level electrical and/or functional tests to catch potential issues before boards reach the QC department or are incorporated into products
- Ability to read, understand, and create electronic configuration drawings, schematics, datasheets and assist with creation/editing of written procedures
- Assists in the training of Team members
- Familiar with and assist in the establishment a J-STD_001 and IPC-610 compliant program
- Test and troubleshoot board failures
- Familiar with ESD protocols
- Takes initiative to identify issues and provides a detailed symptom description for failures discovered during functional test to drive component-level troubleshooting
- Takes initiative to escalate product and process issues to management and assist with problem resolution.
- Inspect parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies to mechanical prints and all applicable specifications.
- Perform fit, form or functional testing on supplier provided parts/assemblies
- Document all dimensional and functional testing results in an Incoming Inspection report.
- Identify, quarantine and process nonconforming product in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate identified issues found during inspections to Engineering, Production, Quality, Purchasing and Supplier
- Minimum electronics certification from accredited two-year technical or four-year Engineering school
- Minimum two years of experience as electronics technician
- The use of test/inspection instruments e.g., Multimeter, calipers, micrometers, pin gages etc.,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Surface-mount technology experience
- Basic Networking knowledge required. Knowledge of Bed-of-Nails and/or Flying Probe Techniques a plus
- Knowledge of the ISO-9001 Quality Management System standard a plus
- Incoming Inspection experience a plus
- Advanced soldering skills a plus
About Sable Systems International
Trusted as the world leader in metabolic measurement, Sable Systems International has a 30+ year reputation for innovation, expertise, and scientific insight. We design and manufacture multi-platform high-resolution scientific instrumentation for the Life Sciences. Our applications range from Fly to Mouse to Human – and beyond.
Our best-selling products include multi-channel metabolic measurement systems for experimental animals such as mice and rats, with simultaneous measurement of other parameters such as food and water intake, body mass, position, activity, and environmental monitoring. Whether providing solutions for the measurement of a living process or an industrial one, model animals, or human personalized healthcare research, our unrelenting focus on quality and support is key to our success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.