Thornwood Partners is looking for a strong team member and self-starter for position of Electrician. A technician should have the ability to diagnose and correct issues in the field. Candidates should have the ability to learn and be a team player.
Requires adequate knowledge and ability to perform a wide variety of skills in performing electrical work, such as, but not limited to:
- Installation of conduit and basic residential electrical service.
- Design and troubleshoot AC & DC control circuits.
- Diagnose and solve electrical failures and problems.
- Assembly and disassembly of electric equipment such as motors, starters, disconnects, relays, etc., installation repair and maintenance in accordance with manufacturers specification and technical data.
- Use of precision measuring and testing devices and instruments such as voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, recording volt-amp meters, meggers, wattmeters, micrometers, and other mechanical measuring devices.
- Ability to use various shop and hand tools required to perform assignments; must be able to determine and write material and parts listed; knowledge of conduit fittings and hardware.
- Ability and knowledge to perform job assignments in accordance with requirements of National Electric Code; knowledge of single and three phrase transforms and plant voltage ranging from approximately 1.5 to 600 volts DC; 6 to 2300 volts AC.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, diagrams, schematics, etc., as required to perform job assignments; knowledge of lubrication requirements of electrical equipment.
Safe use of step ladders, extension ladders, scaffoldings in performing assignments; ability to direct and instruct personnel assigned to assist on work assignments; use judgment in planning work and deciding order of jobs to be performed.
- Previous experience installing electrical service in residential buildings.
- Skill in locating and adjusting defects in electrical systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes; knowledge of the occupational hazards of the electrical trade and the necessary safety precautions.
- Low voltage control power.
Must be familiar with the electrical theory, NEC Codes, OSHA standards, and other governing agency requirements.
$21 - $25 / hr
About Thornwood Partners
Our company buys and sells homes in and around the Chicagoland market through a variety of different relationships and unique methods. We manage about 200 properties in the Chicagoland market. We fix and flip properties as well as wholesale properties. We are growing at an incredible pace and looking for our newest top-notch team member.
Our Company Core Values that all Employees should have: