Law Office of Kimberly L. Kelly, LLP
The Law Office of Kimberly L. Kelly, LLP is hiring a full-time associate for our successful legal practice based in a small and friendly office environment just north of Boston. The firm represents individuals, hospitals, and nursing homes. Our practice areas include estate and special needs planning, Medicaid planning and applications, probate and trust administration, guardianships, conservatorships, and mental health commitments. Experience is preferred but not required.
Our ideal candidate will be able to take initiative and complete tasks with minimal direction. At least one to three years of experience in any of our listed fields is preferred, though law school graduates and newly admitted attorneys will be considered. Seasoned attorneys are also encouraged to apply.
Our associate will be responsible for important legal work including, but not limited to, the following:
- Filing Petitions for Guardianship, Conservatorship and Formal/Informal Probates
- Court appearances for various Probate Family Court and District Court matters
- Probate and Trust administration
- Working directly with clients to elicit and understand their issues and achieve their goals
- Creating effective estate plans that match the goals/wishes of clients in ways that will make things as easy as possible for future beneficiaries, maintain family harmony, and, for families with special needs loved ones, protect the loved ones’ continued access to public benefits; and
- Understanding an array of programs, rules, laws, and regulations, and applying them to each client’s unique situation. Namely, but not limited to: Medicaid, Medicare, health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance, drug plans, annuities, reverse mortgages, Social Security (SSI, SSDI, retirement), PACE, EOEA and ASAP programs, VA benefits, housing options and programs (both public and private),estate planning, trusts, probate, tax (income, capital gains, estate, gift), and real estate transfers.
If the statements below apply to you, then you may be our next associate!
- Have a minimum of one to three years of experience in any of our listed fields
- Willingness and desire to work approximately 40 hours per week
- Ability to combine working from home with time in the Stoneham office. Must be able and willing to work in the office three days per week
- Have a demonstrated commitment to and compassion towards elders and individuals with special needs
- Enjoy meeting and getting to know clients to understand their needs and achieve their goals
- Willingness and enthusiasm for managing all probate, guardianship, conservatorship, and mental health matters
- Ability to work patiently and compassionately with people in crisis and/or with diminishing capacity
- Strong communication and organizational skills are a must, as well as exceptional attention to detail
- Possess ability and desire to work independently
- Familiarity with Mac computers, or a willingness to learn how to use them
- D. and/or a Massachusetts license to practice law
Salary Commensurate with Experience – from $65,000 per year
About Law Office of Kimberly L. Kelly, LLP
We are committed to making our clients' lives simpler by providing practical legal services with quality advice and guidance that they can trust. Our mission is to help them navigate through the legal process and make informed and sound decisions that accomplish their goals.