Health & Safety Specialist will use their knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace and will provide support to construction personnel in the development and implementation of safety plans for individual projects and/or tasks.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Work with the Superintendent of Construction to identify project risks.
• Work closely with Lead/Sr. Safety Specialist to implement safety philosophies and best practices.
• Work closely with team members to continually reinforce safe work practices.
• Work closely with Contractor to support and ensure the requirements of the project-specific safety plan as well as all company policies and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
• Study the effectiveness of the project specific safety plan and suggest improvements for the current and future projects.
• Provide training to inspectors regarding the contractor safety plan and company policies.
• Monitor compliance of the contractor safety plan and project specific safety plan by performing and documenting on-site audits.
• Assist in the investigation of all incidents to determine root cause(s) and develop recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
• Promote good safety culture (Safety Above All Else).
• Continually evaluate working conditions and recommend improvements in safety and health methods, practices, and procedures.
• Develop and manage project injury and near miss logs.
• Constantly communicate Safety objectives to Contractor’s field staff.
• Conduct and document safety inspections.
• Review accident, injury, and illness reports to identify problem areas related to safety.
• Help to identify and implement corrective action where appropriate.
• Investigate and analyzes root causes, patterns, or trends.
• Prepare and submit reports relative to the project.
• Participate in pre-job hazard analysis to prepare for construction.
• Facilitate and ensure that all project safety meetings are adequate and held as scheduled.
• Perform comprehensive hazard analysis and provides training and/or reinforcement of site-specific health and safety policies and procedures.
• Ensure all safety plans and programs are implemented, reviewed and updated according to changes in regulations or process/policy/equipment.
• Ensure that all new employees on site are properly trained.
• Provide site specific safety orientation to all personnel entering the worksite.
• Participate in Pre-Job meetings.
• Set and Lead by example.
The minimum qualifications include:
• OSHA 30 hour
• Competent person (excavation) from an accredited learning organization
• First Aid / CPR trained and qualified
• Five (5) years of relevant Health & Safety work experience or degree in safety and three (3) years of relevant Health & Safety work experience
• Computer literate
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced setting
• Experience using defined processes for managing Health and Safety risks
• Accident and Incident investigation experience
• Energy industry experience
• Sr. H&S Specialist may be required to perform the duties of the Health & Safety Field Specialist (see H&S Job Description - Dept. Ref. Code T-SAF-020) for individual projects if needed.
• Degree in safety related field
• OSHA Outreach Instructor
• HAZWOPER Certified
• Asbestos Supervisor Certified
• Pipeline construction experience
Joe Knows Energy LLC is a staffing and recruiting company that delivers added value to our clients by providing them experienced Inspectors who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the project team.
We supply inspectors, primarily for the oil and gas pipeline industry, who are committed to excellent performance standards and thrive in a safety-focused team environment.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the inspection team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regards to technical skills, past performance and assessment of potential.
In addition to completing this information, we encourage you to check us out at www.joeknowsenergy.com.