Family Forum, Inc.
Early Head Start Program
To promote the school readiness of children by enhancing their cognitive, social, and emotional development in a learning environment that supports the twelve domains of learning and through the provision of health, education, nutrition, social and other services to children and their families.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Full time (40 hours per week)
- Group health, dental, life insurance
- 403B retirement with 2% match
- Flexible benefit account
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave
- Recruit and enroll families in Head Start Programs
- Plan and develop, with the parents, an individualized program for the family, including establishing a caring professional relationship and a climate of mutual trust and respect for the parents
- Work with parents to strengthen the family's knowledge of child development, including assisting parents to understand how children grow and learn, and planning and conducting child education activities with the parents which meet the child's intellectual, physical, emotional, and social needs
- Implement agency approved curriculum
- Conducts weekly home visits to families they serve as well as plans and facilitates socialization twice per month
- Assist parents to strengthen their knowledge of community resources and support parents in problem-solving
- Maintains all record-keeping forms and report information according to agency plans and procedures
- Communicates with and meets the needs of families with infants and toddlers with disabilities or other special needs
- Provides assistance to families to increase competency in the areas of positive parent-child interaction, safety, nutrition, literacy, child growth, and development
- Help to link families to appropriate community resources and services and follow-up with the family on the outcome of the services
- Completes family assessments and develops and implements an Individual Family Partnership Agreement based on family strengths and preferences within the first 30 days of enrollment
- Responsible for entering data into agency programs
- Relationship building with our families
- Required: Associate of Arts degree in early childhood education or a related field (human services, social work). (hourly rate of pay is $14.68)
- Preferred: A baccalaureate or advanced degree in early childhood education or a baccalaureate or advanced degree and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education with experience teaching infant and toddler-aged children - starting rate of pay increases to $16.75 per hour
- Six months to one year experience supporting relationships with parents and young children
$14.68 - $16.75 hourly
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.