The ASCC Early Childhood Trainer is responsible for developing curriculum and providing training, workshops, and technical assistance to DES Certified/Contracted Child Care Providers and Child Care Centers throughout Cochise County.
This position will assist in identifying and tracking training needs and collecting feedback across the state. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in early childhood education and adult learning principles. Additional skills/experience needed for this position include: strong writing ability, effective communication, training and presentation development, data management and the ability to work collaboratively with a team.
1. Deliver training workshops on Health and Safety, Developmentally Appropriate Practices, and a broad range of early childhood topics for all types of child care providers.
2. Develop and distribute materials, resources, promotional materials, and schedules of training workshops.
3. Identify and recruit individuals in the field of early childhood education to receive training workshops and technical assistance.
4. Provide on-site training workshops and individualized technical assistance.
5. Present at conferences.
6. Complete summary of services reports following on-site visits or training workshops.
7. Attend staff and agency meetings.
1. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education or related field.
2. Five years of related work experience in diverse settings in the early childhood field.
3. Register with the Arizona Early Childhood Workforce Registry and, at a minimum, meet Lattice Level criteria for the position per funding requirements. (Currently F3-H3)
4. Ability to travel throughout the state, have a current and valid Arizona Driver’s License, current vehicle insurance, and have reliable transportation, by automobile, available at all times.
5. Bilingual Preferred.
6. Obtain (within 90 days of employment) and maintain a fingerprint clearance card.
7. To meet the agency insurance requirements, a copy of your most recent 39-month Motor Vehicle Record is required to be submitted upon hire. No more than one (1) at-fault accident or two (2) moving violation tickets that are not listed under the “major ticket” category, as defined by ASCC insurance company (list available upon request) may be on your 39-month driving record.
8. Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
The Association for Supportive Child Care (ASCC) was founded in 1976 as a private, non-profit corporation dedicated to shaping the future of Arizona. Every program at ASCC meets a unique set of needs within the child care and early education field. The need for child care continues to be critical. Today, ASCC staff continue to improve the quality of care for Arizona children and families.
We shape the communities, who shape the children, who shape our future.
At ASCC We:
• Provide training and education to individuals in the child care field
• Support quality child care through accreditation programs
• Offer support and training to those who care for the children of family and friends
• Encourage child care professionals to continue their education
• Assist family child care providers with state certification
• Assist refugee families settling in Arizona with starting a child care business in their home