Early Childhood Educator
Do you have a passion to educate young children socially, emotionally, and academically? Are you looking for small class sizes and more activity prep time in your day? KEY Education invites you to learn more about our dynamic teaching environment!
KEY Education is Vancouver’s leading admissions consulting company that provides an integrated education and admissions guidance offering to support student and parent readiness for private school. Educators work with students one-on-one and/or in groups of a maximum of 6 children. We offer programs with a wide range of approaches including but not limited to Reggio and Montessori in addition to academic classes.
Location: Vancouver, West Vancouver
Job Types: Contract, Substitute, On-Call
- Plan and implement enriched programs in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice, and program philosophy.
- Work integrally with KEY educators to evaluate, revise and recommend improvements to the current curriculum and learning resources.
- Lead children through 2-hour lessons that may be academic or social/emotional classes using our curriculum.
- Assess students on an ongoing basis to ensure that all the child’s learning needs are met.
- Act as a role model for students, and maintain a positive relationship with families and their children to promote a love of learning.
- Bachelor of Education or a Valid BC Child Care Licence (ECE)/ (ECEA)
- A degree from a Canadian accredited institution in Education or a related field is an asset.
- Prior experience working with children between the age of 2-8 years old in an educational context such as a school or preschool, not a daycare.
- Montessori and/or Reggio training is an asset.
- Clear criminal record check.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
About KEY Education
KEY Education is a Vancouver-based admissions guidance and learning enrichment company. While we may be a local market leader, our reach is global. Our team consists of qualified professionals who are passionate about education, making KEY the trusted source for families seeking top-quality supplementary education services and guidance in applying to their dream schools around the world at all levels, from preschool to graduate programs.
With our team of industry experts who are former independent school staff members, our students have gained admission to highly-selective independent schools including:
- Canada: Crofton House, York House, Collingwood, Mulgrave, Stratford Hall, Southridge, Southpointe Academy, St. George’s, St. John’s, Shawnigan Lake School, and St. Michaels University School
- United States: Phillips Exeter Academy, Berkshire, The Episcopal School, Harker, Tilton, Storm King, and Ethel Walker