Carolina's Home Medical Equipment, Inc.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for directing, coordinating, and managing all clients referred to the company for equipment care. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for ensuring all client orders are processed in a timely manner.
- Intake of all orders in a specified product category(s).
- Process a minimum of 10 tasks a day. There should be no unworked tasks more than 24 hours old. Individual goals will be discussed in personal reviews.
- Notify the referral of receipt of the order.
- Notify the patient of receipt of the order.
- Secure credit card for all rental equipment.
- Create Medicaid PA forms (when appropriate).
- Verify Insurance and obtain prior authorizations.
- Create sales orders/pick-up ticket.
- Answer phones within 2 rings.
- Assist with walk-in customers.
- Obtain all needed documentation required to process through insurance.
- Complete CMN’s/Confirmation of orders on sales orders ready for review.
- Complete monthly and yearly DME Train.
- Learn Medicare LCD’s and participate in Webinars.
- Add physicians, insurance and sales representatives into Brightree.
- Forward client complaints to Customer Service Manager.
- Work WIP’d orders.
- Follow up on “Pend Bin.” Orders should be followed up on every 3-4 days.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, to include coordinating, directing and monitoring of programs and processes.
- Ability to recognize and direct information to the appropriate health care provider.
- Have good computer skills.
Experience with Brightree is preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in HME Customer Service preferred.
Physical Demands for the Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit, as well as talk and hear.
- The employee is required to use hands to operate vehicle and office equipment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
$13 - $17 per hour Based on Experience
About Carolina's Home Medical Equipment, Inc.
Carolina's Home Medical Equipment is a full service durable medical equipment provider serving the Greater Charlotte Area. Specifically, we specialize in respiratory devices, seating and mobility and Hospice care.
The mission of Carolina's Home Medical Equipment is to provide quality products which promote overall health and facilitate aging independently in the home. Our staff will accomplish this by partnering with co-workers, clinicians, caregivers, and clients to zealously deliver "extreme service".
- Compassion: Empathy, kindness, humanity