Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
This position is responsible for managing and maintaining divisional costs and home pricing, while supporting Tim O’Brien Homes standards for value and quality. Committed to supporting the goals and initiatives of the Director of Purchasing.
This position will participate as an active member of the Tim O'Brien Homes Management Team, providing insight to the Division President and Director of Purchasing on improving department, product, TIm O'Brien Homes team performance and customer satisfaction.
- Align the Purchasing department with Lean Principles and Company Building Science knowledge.
- Develop and maintain a professional and ethical relationship with Tim O'Brien Homes vendors while enforcing the Vendor Agreement and Scope of Work requirements.
- Support Production Team by recruiting new Trade Partners based on need. Consistently define, meet, and monitor internal and external customer and supplier expectations, needs and wants.
- Continuously research new technology and products that could increase efficiency and help accomplish goals.
- Focus on local division-specific Vendor Partners in negotiating labor and material costs. Support and reinforce the Director of Purchasing with larger national product agreement.
- Accountable for Home Plan divisional cost database creation, plan portfolio pricing, vendor Scopes of Work and Agreement set up and distribution and leading effective Team Meetings.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a new home building environment, with the ability to read and comprehend detailed construction drawings, specifications, and detailed development drawings.
- Ability to understand and explain company key drivers and exercise independent judgment to make sound business decisions.
- Excellent negotiating skills, along with communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate technology skills, including Microsoft Windows, Excel, Outlook (email), and experience with a residential purchasing database system.
- Experience managing a team and performing Strategic Work to meet or exceed company standards of performance.
$50,000 - $65,000 based on experience
About Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
Tim O'Brien Homes is an award winning, semi-custom single family home builder in the Milwaukee and Madison Wisconsin areas and the leader in energy efficiency, innovative designs, green building practices, and renewable technologies. All homes are 3rd party tested and certified surpassing the State's energy-efficiency and green strict guidelines, and backed by a 5-Year Energy Guarantee. Join a team that lives by our seven Core Values which are the guiding principles that inspire our daily work and underscore our commitment to customers, vendor partners and each other.