Gray Wolf Homes
As one of the Raleigh area’s fastest-growing home builders, Gray Wolf Homes has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture full of growth opportunities and rewarding challenges. Gray Wolf Homes strives to be innovative and unique in the way that it operates and functions. Our team-oriented culture, focused accountability, and a strong desire to improve are what sets Gray Wolf Homes apart.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Division President is responsible for the overall performance of the division, across all aspects of homebuilding including Land Acquisition, Entitlement, Development, Project Planning, Purchasing, Construction, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service/Warranty, Human Resources, Risk Management, and Compliance, General Management/Business Planning and Administration.
- His/her goal is to maximize business results both in the short- and long-term, including return on inventory (margin and turn), achievement of business plan, customer satisfaction, team member engagement, and operational excellence.
- This individual is responsible for providing strategic insight, operational advice, and leadership related to the division’s short- and long-range business objectives/goals.
- Provides input as to division’s overall business plan, with all relevant analysis of new and existing opportunities. Monitors relevant changes in the marketplace and works to continuously position the division to take advantage of opportunities.
- Recommends long-range strategic and tactical plans for land acquisition and future communities, based on market research and competitive data in the local market, to meet future supply/business plan goals.
- Establishes, approves, and monitors department operating budgets.
- Collaboratively leads (organizes, plans, directs, staffs, coordinates, and communicates) the division’s management team and staff to execute the business plan, as well as changes to operations needed to meet company-specific goals.
- Attracts, hires, evaluates, develops, and retains a talented team of employees within the division.
- Develops and maintains a trusted and capable network of external partners to ensure continuous success of the Company’s strategic plan relative to his/her local market, including land brokers, trade partners, etc.
- Continuously seeks to improve the division’s reputation among the competition, in terms of community locations, product innovation, quality, customer service, operational excellence and overall execution in the local market.
- Conducts surveys to identify strengths and gaps where improvements may be warranted and effectively leads improvement efforts.
- Demonstrates the leadership necessary to make the organization’s mission a success. This leadership includes providing leadership vision, leadership that attracts followers, and all other aspects of successful leadership.
- Effectively evaluates the success of the division. Proactively supports and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures. Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must embody the following core values:
- Grow or Die.
- Operate Excellently.
- Win Through Teamwork.
- Raise the Banner.
- Create a Positive Impact.
Core Functions Priority Function % Time
1 Lead, Manage, and hold Accountable the team members of the division. 40%
2 Assist in creating and ensure execution of the division’s visions and goals. 30%
3 Attract and recruit talented team members. 20%
4 Ensure the proper creation of budgets and proper spending within the budgets. 10%
- Regularly review performance against operating plans and standards.
- Presents monthly reports on performance.
- Develop and recommends operations policy to support the mission of the Company.
- Consult with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Ensures compliance within area of responsibility. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Defines and recommends objectives in each area of Division Office; develops specific short-term and long-term plans and programs, together with supporting budget requests and financial estimates.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Corporate Leadership to establish and deliver division commitments.
- Works with division leaders to identify new land opportunities while continuing to close existing deals.
- Maintains a strong land pipeline throughout the market.
- Presents an annual detailed budget to company Executive Team.
- Reviews and approves functional changes within the Division Office.
- Establishes objectives and procedures governing the performance of assigned activities. Issues specific annual objectives to immediate subordinates and reviews objectives of the Operations Team.
- Selects and maintains qualified personnel for division leadership roles; reviews division requests for all other positions and monitors hiring activity to ensure staffing requirements are met.
- Directs, monitors, and reviews the performance of direct reports and provides the necessary coordination between activities related to compensation and hiring processes.
- Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates, and recommends effective personnel action(s).
- B.S. in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Finance, Real Estate Management or Business disciple.
- Five - eight years of experience as a successful division leader within the homebuilding industry with a concentration in operations, finance, land sales and/or production or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Broad functional experience in areas of production blueprints and specifications, land acquisition, general knowledge of homebuilding financials and systems.
- High emotional intelligence and driven to results.
- Sound administrative skills, well-developed management skills—principles and people.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities to present financials and complex land deals to the executive leadership team.
- Participative management type—advocates team concept.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive—but able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
$200,000 - $250,000
About Gray Wolf Homes
As one of the Raleigh area's fastest-growing home builders, Gray Wolf Homes has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture full of growth opportunities and rewarding challenges. Gray Wolf Homes strive to be innovative and unique in the way that it operates and functions. Our team-oriented culture focused on accountability, and a strong desire to improve is what sets Gray Wolf Homes apart.