New Patriot Holdings Controller is responsible for preparing month-end closings, financial forecasts, and consolidations while providing financial advice to the departments through the study of financial data; meeting corporate reporting requirements of the division; managing, training, and evaluating accounting personnel; ensuring accuracy of physical inventory; and controlling the flow of raw materials, tools, and other assets in the department.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of monthly financial close including and presentation of results to corporate management
- Coordination of annual budget, including the review, challenge, and approval of 1) all department budget (headcount and expenses) 2) capital budgets
- Directs preparation of standard costs for all items
- Safeguarding assets through development and implementation of procedures to ensure transactions are recorded in accordance with both corporate policy and GAAP
- Coordinating quarterly review of inventory with the materials management function
- Coordinates analysis of the plants actual and planned performance to achieve budgeted/forecasted goals and recommends alternate courses of action to achieve same
- Developing and maintaining staff through training and guidance to achieve the above responsibilities in a professional and timely fashion
- Shares responsibility of coordination, taking and reconciliation of physical inventories with plant materials management
- Directs accounts payable function and evaluates its performance against department objectives to ensure all functions are being performed according to corporate policy and GAAP
- Develops internal accounting reports that appraise management of the activity including, coordination of training to ensure management understanding and compliance
- Participates in the development of plans and strategies and determine the impact on the Company's cost structures
- 10+ years of experience in an accounting, pharmaceutical/ bio-tech manufacturing industry is required
- BA/BS in Accounting and CPA required
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of cost accounting, inventories, and GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced Excel, pivot table, and VLOOKUP skills
- Multi-functional responsibility inside companies with heavy process orientation
- Proven experience with both lenders and private equity is desired
- Self-motivated professional, capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Excellent financial and problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on innovative and creative solutions that result in higher profitability
- A self-starter who needs little direction; is highly self-motivated
PEOPLE'S OC is Southern California’s largest cannabis retail store. As an industry-leading cannabis company, PEOPLE'S OC provides high-quality products and excellent customer service to recreational and medical customers in the Orange County area. PEOPLE'S OC prides itself on its knowledgeable staff, sustainable business practices, community involvement, and close relationships with farmers and vendors.
Our retail store in Orange County is currently hiring new employees. Grow with us!