The Director of Warehouse will be responsible for demonstrating foresight and vision in identifying opportunities for expansion and improvement of operations. Develops plans that provide for adequate, cost-effective capacity to support company growth. Responsible for accomplishing goals developed through Supply Chain and Fulfillment Services.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining an organizational business development plan strategy that successfully allows the organization to meet its monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals and initiatives. Customer-driven focus that promotes a commitment to excellence and to superior customer service – both external and internal – in every aspect of the fulfillment function. Oversee Operations to ensure daily tasks are accomplished in a timely manner.
Negotiates contract terms, conditions, and prices through our logistics department to improve customer service and reduce transportation costs. Proactively manages relationships with outside service providers to achieve the best relationship of price to performance, while cultivating strong stable vendor relationships.
- Demonstrate knowledge and capability to lead, train and develop managers and supervisors and team members to uphold our culture, policies and procedures.
- Promote Safety compliance.
- Treat subordinates, peers and superiors with dignity, respect and professionalism to foster mutual trust.
- Policy, procedure, process adherence and rule compliance.
- Continuous improvement: Kaizen, standardize and sustain work processes by documenting tribal knowledge, involve the team in changes to the work, including goal setting.
- Achieve and improve quality goals, and have a mastery understanding of the factors that impact the team’s quality control.
- Effective scheduling and utilization of hourly labor.
- Objective auditing of own and neighboring departments.
- Provide performance feedback on a regular basis.
- Accurately manage cycle count function.
- Ensure day-to-day activities including internal/external customer commitments meet or exceed expectations.
- Achieve proficiency in the primary assignment, and all assignments within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred, but not required granted applicant has achieved the level of experience required.
- Strong principles of mathematics.
- Ability to use reason and use logic to solve complex problems.
- 5S/Lean manufacturing, continuous improvement.
- General understanding of product flow into, within and out of the facility.
- Functional competencies in Windows and MS Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Strong leadership, communication (both written and oral), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- P & L responsibility, experience tracking metrics, measuring productivity, etc.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodology, and process improvement, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA and ISO quality management systems.
- Experience in running, optimizing, as well as the selection and implementation of WMS.
- Must be able and willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Shift start and end times may be variable depending on business needs.
- Must be able and willing to lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. with frequency.
- Management of a fast-paced, logistics/warehouse distribution operation.
$70,000 - $80,000
Pride, passion and performance are the hallmark of our associates and we are looking for choice individuals that want to serve the communities in which they work. Join us!