It is the responsibility of the director of operations for shower doors to lead, inspire, and improve a first class team while reducing mistakes, implementing processes and managing accountability. The director shall analyze resources, processes and data in order to correct and prevent problems as well as manage the growth and continued success of the department.
- Oversee profit and loss for the department as well as results for individual jobs.
- Manage resources, develop, and implement operational plans.
- Implement and document procedures. Ensure that procedures are carried out properly.
- Regularly evaluate organizational efficiency and make necessary changes to maximize staff productivity.
- Assess the needs of the company and guide the efforts of the department accordingly.
- Train staff and solve problems.
- Improve success rate by reducing mistakes and warranties.
- Reduce lead times.
- Coordinate closely with Sales to provide great customer service and to achieve big picture goals.
- Plan for growth and peaks and hire competent personnel. Develop and oversee training.
- Oversee the daily business activities of the Shower Door Department.
- Improve customer service through policy and procedural changes.
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities with demonstrated success leading teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated success innovating solutions to increase productivity and profitability.
- Demonstrated skill in data gathering, analysis and decision making.
- Demonstrated experience in process identification, documentation and execution.
- Knowledge of customer service best practices and proven experience handling difficult customer situations.
- Six Sigma certifications preferred.
- Bachelor's degree with Masters in Business Administration preferred.
- At least 10 years of related experience.
- Construction industry experience preferred.
$70,000 - $80,000 yearly
About Rex Glass
At Rex Glass, we specialize in custom residential and commercial glass and mirror products. Exceptional service, along with getting it right for both the customer and our employees are core values that we've been demonstrating since 1958. The working environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and customer-focused while providing a rewarding workplace that recognizes and strives for excellence.