McLure House Hotel
The McLure House Hotel and Scottish Rites are seeking a Director of Sales for our historic property located in Wheeling, WVA. These are unique properties that focus on the commitment to provide guests with an experience that far exceeds their expectation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, experienced, detailed, and motivated individual who values balancing the vision of the guest while being financially responsible for their department. We are looking for someone who values developing and supporting their sales team.
This position requires a high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and is focused on customer service. To be successful you must possess excellent sales, organizational and time management skills. This position is responsible for achieving hotel revenue, profit and client satisfaction goals. This will be accomplished by participating in outside sales calls to solicit clients; and following up on all leads in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction. We are searching for a hospitality professional that will deliver results to meet and/or exceed revenue goals while developing new business, nurturing and maximizing existing accounts in a proactive and productive manner.
Examples of Duties
- The development and solicitation of business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
- Review and oversee rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel. Effectively communicate this information to staff.
- Ensure all brand and company training programs, requirements and standards of performance are met.
- Assist with guidance and counsel of team members to increase guest service and work towards service excellence.
- Compiles and/or directs the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast and Marketing Budget.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies.
- Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual Market Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
- Participate in key organizations as recommended by management.
- Inputting and retrieving information from computer system for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of forecasts and marketing budget.
- Minimum of three years sales experience, preferably in a hotel environment.
- One year of Director experience preferred.
About McLure House Hotel
McLure House Hotel is looking for people who bring knowledge, experience, and creative ideas to not only increase business but to maintain a presence in the Wheeling community.
We offer benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and paid time off to be used as you need to.