Director of Sales - Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport Chelsea
Develop and execute strategic sales plans through direct sales, marketing, e-commerce channels, public relations, and community partnerships.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Use internal and external resources and data to develop strategic plans to incorporate all business segments.
- Understand sales and business processes, support corporate and hotel goals and contribute to the enhancement of customer value.
- Identify customer business requirements and craft customer offers, which result in increased revenue share for the hotel.
- Monitor achievement of objectives for the sales team and take appropriate action to correct shortfalls versus the annual marketing plan.
- Achieve annual hotel revenue goals as agreed upon and established in the annual budget.
- Maintain hotel relationships with key accounts to increase customer satisfaction and account revenue.
- Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements.
- Articulate and leverage the benefits of the hotel to close sales opportunities.
- Prepare and maintain a current annual marketing plan with measurable and specific initiatives detailed to maintain and grow each business segment.
- Accept leadership responsibilities by modeling proper selling techniques, effective development of others and commitment to industry, and personal development.
- Develop effective presentations (orally and written) where ideas, opinions, recommendations and conclusions are clearly understood.
- Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel, and review competition.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Four-year college degree required; additional/advanced degree coursework in business administration, marketing, and communications a plus.
- Previous sales experience in a comparable hotel size and scope required with operations experience preferred.
- Public relations and community marketing experience required.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Delphi, and access database tools.
HHM is an award-winning hotel management and investment company that operates over 200 full-service and select-service hotels with 10,000 associates in markets across the country. HHM is a leading manager of Marriott, Hilton, IHG, and Hyatt brands, and also operates over 30 independent luxury and lifestyle hotels. The highly experienced and stable operating team is known for being nimble, accountable, and passionate in how they drive market-leading results for owners and best-in-class experiences for associates and guests.