Responsible for the overall safety and well-being of our team members, including creating a culture of zero at-risk behaviors, leading innovative safety initiatives, managing the execution of our safety program, and in collaboration with leadership and management, building a best-in-class safe work environment for all Team Members, subcontractors and the clients being served.
In addition to following Company values, policies and procedures, the primary responsibilities of this position currently include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Helps create a culture of zero at-risk behaviors
- Drives safety initiatives and cultivates pro-active and positive safety communications and programs across the organization
- Utilizes current technology to plan and implement safe work practices
- Works in tandem with leadership and Operations to support and implement positive and progressive changes in the Company's safety culture
- Designs, plans, coordinates, and facilitates programs and training that foster an environment of safety while always building greater safety awareness and encouraging safe work practices throughout the organization
- Ensures job site inspections occur on a regular basis to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures, and follow up to verify measures have been implemented
- Investigates and documents all accidents and injuries, and identifies root cause and submits report for changes and preventive actions
- Oversees and directs the Company Safety Committee
- Ensure training of OSHA 10 Hour/30 Hour and all other training takes place as required
- Plans and implements associate safety orientation training program for new hires
- Provide guidance on safety process improvements, government/OSHA requirements, and best-practices
- Provide analysis and information/data on trends and make appropriate recommendations
- Advises company of industry related regulatory changes with which the company must comply along with the roadmap for the change
- Collaborates with other organizations (partnered companies, subcontractors, and clients) to ensure Company's safety programs and policies are adhered to
- Participates in the Executive Safety Team and implement corporate strategies
- Lead in monthly Safety Managers meeting
- Fosters relationships with other external safety experts in the industry to share best practices and emerging trends
- Attends and actively participates in relevant industry conferences and professional meetings
- Audits practices and records to ensure compliance with programs and federal/state OSHA regulations
- Identify and implement best practices and new methodology to take the organization's offerings to the next level
- Manages the Safety Department budget
- Participate in company leadership meetings
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in Safety Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Engineering, or other related field.
- 10+ years' experience of successful and progressive safety leadership in construction industry.
- Knowledge of applicable Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and best practices.
- Sound decision-making based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Creates an environment of open dialogue and invites input from all Team Members.
- Diplomatic in working with and through others.
- Ability to effectively write, articulate, and generally communicate to engage Team Members, leadership, and others in a productive and credible manner.
- Maintains OSHA 500 Construction Outreach Trainer credential.
- Experience developing an innovation strategy towards safety.
- Ability to run complex meetings with multiple attendees and hold participants accountable for deliverables.
- Ability to think past current constraints and influence others to gain buy-in and alignment.
About Joe Knows
Joe Knows delivers added value by providing experienced Inspectors, trainers, managers and construction supervisors who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the project team.
We supply PM, CM, trainers and inspectors, and skilled labor primarily for the oil and gas pipeline and heavy civil industries, who are committed to excellent performance standards and thrive in a safety-focused team environment.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the inspection team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regards to technical skills, past performance and assessment of potential.
In addition to completing this information, we encourage you to check us out at www.joeknowsenergy.com.