Exciting opportunity to develop strategic, operational, and business development plans while overseeing all aspects of the company’s relocation function. Directly increase profitability by retaining and growing client base and developing innovative ways to capture/generate increased revenue.
- Oversee the relocation processes for clients and provide staff guidance to coordinate household goods moves, temporary housing, relocation expense payments, expense tracking, and assistance in tax gross-up and year-end release of relocation tax forms. Develop strategic and operational plans for control, management, and improvement of relocation function and ensure alignment with company goals and objectives. Develop and direct department budget, policies, procedures, and reporting. Oversee a system of accurate record-keeping, reporting, follow up and accountability to ensure maximum department efficiency and profitability. Oversee and/or assist with agent recruiting and training, broker market analysis, appraisals, inspections, contract negotiations, closing meetings, rental housing assistance, and marketing and maintenance of inventory properties.
- Develop business plans, provide direction, and coordinate activities associated with business development. Develop new revenue opportunities for the company. Make sales calls to potential clients (internal and external) to market company services. Maintain and develop relationships with high-level, decision-making contacts within the client/prospect base. Continue to introduce new referral and relocation programs to agents and clients that would enhance penetration into accounts. Responsible for overall account management responsibilities of the client portfolio. Ensure relocation and referral programs are delivered smoothly on a day-to-day basis. Ensure a high conversion of incoming referral and relocation business through counseling, service delivery, and follow-up. Assist affiliated working groups to best utilize the company's services. Serve as a liaison with agents, staff, and managers, and other clients to continuously improve company services. Provide management reports as requested.
- Develop and manage a team of support staff for the successful performance of relocation services. Provide effective management of the department, including employee safety, selection, counseling, development and motivation, salary administration, and department goals.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients, relocation network counterparts, sales managers, and agents. Actively promote relocation services to company managers and agents, training them to “sell” relocation services to their customers.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelors degree in business administration or related field or equivalent work knowledge and experience.
- Five or more years real estate experience including relocation experience. Two plus years demonstrated managerial and supervisory responsibilities.
- Extensive experience handling real estate transactions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of legal obligations of realtors under state and federal law
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, customer focus and leadership abilities.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Project management skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple issues and projects concurrently.
- Proficiency in using business software and in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Other (licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel, etc.):
- Real Estate or Broker license
- Certified Relocation Professional (CRP) designation may be eventually required for this position.
About Houlihan Lawrence
For 125 years, our team of real estate experts has been the market leader in New York City's northern suburbs. We have the largest regional and global network with long-standing international connections and partners in 65 countries.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, and life insurance options. Apply today to join our team of experienced industry leaders!