This role is responsible for all recruitment efforts of the district network office or network office. The process of sourcing, recruiting, and selecting financial representatives is conducted and continuously improved by this individual. He or she has primary responsibility in the office to build high-level quality relationships in the community and to promote the Northwestern Mutual career, generate referrals, and develop centers of influence (COIs). He or she plays a key role in creating and leading the recruiting plan to reach activity and contract goals. Creativity, exceptional communication skills, and drive to achieve are critical in this position. Although percentages of time may vary depending on the number of recruiters in the office, a person in this role should devote approximately 10–15 percent of his/her time managing and developing recruiters and leaders in all aspects of recruiting and selection.
- Build and develop effective referral sources with FRs/staff, develop productive centers of influence (COIs), and develop qualified lead strategies from a variety of sources (i.e. referrals, COIs, advertising, career fairs, social media, etc.)
- Create and execute on district network office or network office recruiting plan to reach activity and full-time contract goals
- Actively participate in community clubs and organizations to promote and brand Northwestern Mutual
- Promote the benefits of office growth and recruiting successes within the office
- Develop and coordinate advertising and marketing strategies to include ads, direct mail, community events, etc.
- Develop relationships with other Northwestern Mutual recruiters to share leads and best practices Selection
- Be knowledgeable on information and language regarding all aspects of the financial representative career and each step of the selection process Review resumes and schedule initial interviews
- Specific selection process accountability including but not limited to screening candidates, conducting initial interviews, administering selection tools, and guiding candidates through the selection process
- Maintain integrity and consistency of the selection process
- Identify and lead implementation of improvements to the selection process
- Effectively communicate with candidates
- Manage the transition of candidates offered a contract with the network or district network office, including the Contract, Licensing and Registration process, as well as training and development
- Oversee any pre-contract training to be done by the candidate
- Build, audit, and refine the selection process as needed
- Guide leadership team in developing specific recruiting strategies and activities necessary to reach recruiting goals
- Monitor and report on actual versus needed activity and results of recruiters and leadership team members
- Participate in company and industry training programs and work to improve the recruiting and selection skills of the entire leadership team
- Direct and supervise the recruiting activities of the Campus Recruiter and the Recruiting Coordinator
- Manage office recruitment budget
- Create and execute a professional development plan built with input and guidance from the Managing Partner, Managing Director, or Chief Development Officer Accountability, Tracking, and Analysis
- Analyze recruiting ratios to identify inefficiencies in selection process; establish and implement improvements
- Utilize home office-supported software to maintain the candidate database and accurate records of prospects to ensure efficiency of the selection process
- Prepare activity/results for leadership team meetings and coordinate regular meetings to review, assess, and establish actions based on the data
- May include the oversight of contract and licensing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three or more years progressively responsible work experience, preferably in sales, recruiting, or related field; experience in the financial services or related industry is desired
- Strong communication skills required with the ability to build rapport and influence others
- Experience with prospecting; generating leads via phone or face-to-face interactions preferred
- Strong personal network and/or community involvement to leverage from a recruiting perspective
About Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual is here for what’s most important—helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 160 years. Through a distinctive big-picture approach, including both insurance and investments, we’re helping people navigate life and guide them to their goals today, and in the days to come. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
With $265.0 billion in assets, $28.1 billion in revenues, and more than $1.8 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to more than 4.5 million people who rely on us for life, disability income, and long-term care insurance, annuities, brokerage, and advisory services, trust services, and discretionary portfolio management solutions. The company holds more than $125 billion of client assets as a part of its wealth management company and investment services.