Serving Immigrants, Inc.
We are looking for a Law Firm Administrator, a director of operations to work directly with the Law Firm Principal/Owner to oversee everything in the law firm, except the practice of law. This is a position akin to an Executive Director, Director of Operations, Legal COO, and Controller. This includes not only strategic planning, project management, and critical administrative and financial oversight, but also a key leadership role in shaping and sustaining firm culture. Experience in the management of teams of 30+ people and budgets of $10,000,000 or more is ideal. Being fluent and literate in English and Spanish is a must.
We are NOT looking for an Office Manager or an Administrative Assistant. Please do NOT apply if your only prior experience is as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, or Office Manager.
We need Law Firm Administrator who is a PRO at workflow and project management, who deeply understands employee engagement, who is metrics-driven and KPI-obsessed, and who will be invested in making important contributions to the success of the Firm.
- The position encompasses a wide range of activities with involvement in all phases of administration, personnel, finances, facilities, and business systems. We need someone with the experience and maturity to work closely with the Owner and key staff on strategy, policy, problem-solving, and decision-making. This position will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the day-to-day operations of the Firm, and for directing the implementation of Firm policies.
- We are building a firm where systems run the business, and people run the systems. This position is responsible for improving both our people and our systems.
You must be able to show evidence of your prior success with:
- Playing a role in management of teams of 30+ people and budgets of $10,000,000 or more.
- Systems management and process refinement to ensure matters are handled appropriately so that client needs are met, legal & ethical requirements are met, and clients receive excellent service.
- Employee engagement and leadership, supervision, and termination.
- Measuring what matters and using common financial reports to make business decisions (budget variance, P&L, cashflow forecast).
- Managing vendors such as bookkeepers, accountants, and technology services.
We care about skills and experience. We care just as much about your behaviors, habits, and attitudes…the right person for this role must:
- Lead change - drive it and thrive in it
- Talk more about the solution than the problem
- Equally embrace both aspects of the “work/life balance”
- Never hesitate to praise when deserved and correct when needed
- Have thick skin and high empathy
- Have keen conflict resolution skills (not conflict avoidance skills)
About Serving Immigrants, Inc.
Our mission is our clients’ immigration success. We do good work and take great satisfaction in helping our clients resolve their immigration needs and plan for their future in the United States. However, we want to be profitable, have a good life, pursue our dreams and help you pursue yours. Our work team is our family and we're dedicated to maintaining a positive and upbeat work environment. If this sounds like a law firm you want to work at and a job you can do, we look forward to talking with you soon.
- Step #1: Send an email with a copy of your resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step #2: Attach a cover letter.
- Step #3: Complete DISC Assessment
- Step #4: The subject line of the email should your last name (all caps) and one word that you would use to describe yourself (lower case) [For example: SMITH-compassionate].
Applicants that do not follow the instructions will not be considered or receive a response.