C. E. Borman & Associates
We are looking for a Director of Operations at our family law firm. This is a key leadership role that includes strategic planning, oversight, implementation, development, and training of new and current employees, systems, policies, procedures, and overall drive for firm success. The right candidate is someone who has the unique ability to harmoniously integrate the major functions of the business and manage the day-to-day issues that arise. This is an important role, the glue that holds the seven parts of the business together. We are a fast-growing, client-centered family law firm in Bryan, Texas, growing.
In this position, you will work directly with the owner and oversee all operations. The PLA is responsible to lead, manage, supervise, coach, and train the non-attorney staff, ensuring they perform to expectations.
Why Work With Us:
- Tremendous career development opportunities including quarterly PLA coaching program membership.
- Conference and professional development opportunities for all key areas of the business: Marketing, Sales, People, Production, Plant, and Financial Metrics.
- Serve as an executive on the firm leadership team alongside the firm owner, the CEO, the COO, and the CFO.
- Enjoy core work hours with a commitment to work-life balance for all team members.
- Competitive base pay along with an exciting, performance-based quarterly bonus system.
- Execute the firm’s 2023 business plan and achieve its goals by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics weekly
- Oversee financial operations through the use of financial reporting and coordination of external service providers (CFO, accountant, CPA, tax preparer, payroll company, recruiter) and internal staff (billing specialist and owner)
- Drive the gross revenue and profitability of the business using leading and lagging financial metrics to inform sound decision-making
- Lead an excellent people culture through excellent recruitment, hiring, onboarding, feedback, performance monitoring, and retention initiatives
- Oversee general human resources operations, including payroll and benefits
- Document and ensure all billable staff are fully utilized each week
- Supervise the work of the non-lawyer support staff and vendors
- Design, implement & monitor effective business strategies, plans, and procedures
- Ensure that the firm’s business systems and processes are fully documented in writing, organized, and being followed
- Ensure matters move through the workflow pipeline within the targeted pace
- Manage office facilities and technology vendors, firm databases, and products
Education and Experience
- Degree in Management, Business Management, Human Resources, or another related field
- Prior experience running a professional services firm or a division or department of a mid-sized/large professional services firm
- Law firm experience is a plus
- HR certification from SHRM, HRI, or ALA is a plus
You must be able to show evidence of your prior success with:
- Managing a team of at least 25 and a budget of $5 million (this is crucial)
- Comfort and passion for a start-up environment
- Advising & decision-making in a senior management role
- Designing & executing business plans
- Developing and implementing effective policies, systems, and procedures
- Understanding P&L statements, budgets & budget variance reports, WIP reports
- Leading people effectively while appropriately maintaining records and following all federal, state, and jurisdictional employment laws
$100,000 - $115,000 yearly + quarterly bonuses
About C. E. Borman & Associates
C.E. Borman & Associates is a family law team of attorneys and legal professionals who provide straight talk and honest advice. We’re here to support our clients through the legal landmines with patience, compassion, and integrity.
Our fearless leader is Texas attorney Channa Borman. She is an honest, down-to-earth, straight-talking attorney who focuses her practice on divorce and family law.
Our law firm managers are dedicated to hiring and training legal and administrative professionals who go above the standard. Attorneys and legal staff members work together to implement best practices that benefit the team's goal to create a higher standard and professional quality of work. Other benefits include competitive pay, paid holidays, bonuses, retirement, and health insurance.