Wiggam & Geer
Wiggam & Geer is seeking our first Director of Operations to join our leadership team overseeing and integrating all major functions of the firm. We focus on helping clients effectively and efficiently solve a wide range of complex financial problems. We are a compassionate and experienced team that has grown an average of 50% a year since our firm's founding in 2017. We are proud of our reputation of excellence with clients. Our vision is to continue this growth by shifting the firm from focusing on the Metro Atlanta area to a regional and national presence. The right person for this position will be up to the task of both improving the firm's current operations and planning and building for future success.
- Are you a self-starter who removes obstacles and barriers and thrives on leading a team to achieve extraordinary results?
- Can you confidently take charge of a situation - act and react appropriately, overcome resistance to leadership, and take unpopular stands when necessary?
- Are you a problem-solver who tackles new challenges with minimal guidance and can help refine and execute a successful long-term business plan to achieve the firm's goals?
- Do you believe in helping others without condescension or judgment? Clients can have significant financial problems and our focus is helping resolve them.
The Director of Operations responsibilities encompasses a wide range of activities with all firm functions. As a leader, you will work closely with the Managing Partner and key staff on strategy, policy, problem-solving, and achieving a "clients-first" focus. You will be responsible for planning, evaluating, and improving the firm's day-to-day operations, evaluating and developing our people and our current systems, and creating new systems. You will work across functions to transform the firm's vision for the next five and ten years into a reality.
Core Areas of Responsibility
- Supervise, manage, and mentor direct reports across legal services, human resources, office management, sales and marketing, and IT
- Serve as the internal day-to-day leader of the organization by motivating and directing employees and teams to create accountability
- Measure performance and firm health on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis from 10,000 feet and down to specific details
- Help develop and implement new firm initiatives
Specific Firm Priorities
- Work with the Managing Attorney to identify and implement changes for improving productivity and efficiency for the legal team. Systemize and automate where necessary using software, people, and other resources to improve workflow.
- Establish, manage, and execute the firm's budgeting process and monitoring systems to increase productivity, profitability, and efficiency
- Lead and review the firm's existing financial resources, processes, and operations with the long-term goal of bringing all functions in house, if and when effective
- Evaluate our IT security, identify service providers, and enforce existing or implement new practices or software
- Lead and develop the firm's employee recruitment, performance reviews, compensation, benefits, training, professional development, and termination
- Create a proactive employee hiring plan based on growth, retention, and capacity
- Work with the Managing Partner to expand the sales and marketing team
- Prior senior management experience leading teams of 30 or more; previous experience working for a professional services company (legal, accounting, consulting, etc.) required
- A track record of leading and scaling an outcomes-based organization and implementing the appropriate systems, organizational structures, and processes to achieve our goals
- A bottom-line orientation with a record of exceeding goals and an ability to consistently make the right decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- A self-starter with the ability to identify opportunities, solve problems, and complete strategic projects with limited guidance and information
- Drive action, embrace and lead through change, and strive for continuous improvement
- Familiarity and Experience with EOS is a plus but is not required. Our firm currently uses the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), and we are looking to hire our Integrator.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this position includes a salary and bonuses that correlate to the firm's performance and how you can improve it. The expected base salary is $100,000, with the first year's bonuses up to an additional $30,000 of compensation. Future compensation increases will be tied directly to firm performance, i.e., meeting or exceeding goals, practices in line with our vision, and decreased day-to-day responsibility of the Managing Partner. We offer a benefits package including medical, disability, and life insurance, significant 401(k) matching, paid time off, paid parking or MARTA fare, and paid professional development opportunities.
If this opportunity seems perfect for you, submit to Jason Wiggam, Managing Partner 1) a tailored, authentic cover letter that explains why this role excites you and is a fit for you, and 2) your resume. We will respond to qualified candidates with additional application instructions. No emails or phone calls, please.
About Wiggam & Geer
We are a fast-growing tax and bankruptcy law firm located in Downtown Atlanta. We zealously advocate for our clients against the IRS, Georgia Department of Revenue, and other state revenue agencies. We value integrity and teamwork, and while we have uncompromising standards of care and conduct, we love to have fun and reward our team for a job well done.