The Director of Information Systems plans, directs and manages the IS Department in order to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient information operations to meet current and future decision-making requirements. As a manager, the incumbent provides company-wide direction in areas of policy and planning for data processing and related functions (communication, office systems, inter-connectivity, etc.).
1. Technical Capacity
2. Problem Solving/Analysis
3. Customer/Client Focus
5. Project Management
6. Business Acumen
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for leadership, performance management and hiring of the employees within its department.
The knowledge and skills required for this position are typically acquired in 5 to 10 years of experience in managing one or more information processing functions (operations, development, etc.) and/or through advanced training.
Technical or on-the-job training in programming and hardware installation and maintenance is also required for the Director to work along with the staff in the effective development of the information systems.
Frequent reading of periodicals and other literature on the state-of-the-art and data processing as well as attendance at vendor-sponsored and other seminars is required in order to maintain the level of familiarity with the subject matter required to fill this position.
Advanced training through technical institutions and/or colleges is also necessary to maintain skills to develop the systems necessary for the company's success.
The ability and skill to program, setup and manage hardware is necessary for a department of this size. Technical skills play a large role in this position.
Extensive experience in bring various enterprise-level data sources together and building business intelligence data-systems is required.
1. Provides information processing, systems counseling and guidance to management personnel throughout the company.
2. Plans and controls departmental staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions and facilities to ensure that they are consistent with the business plan of the company.
3. Directs the design, development and maintenance of systems, programs and systems software to meet management and company's information needs.
4. Establishes IS policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources.
5. Administers the Department's expense budget, within budgetary guidelines to contribute to cost-effective operation of the company.
6. Selects, develops and motivates qualified staff to effectively carry out department functions and provide for the continuity of managerial and specialized skills.
7. Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of systems and hardware and incorporates new developments into the future systems of the company.
8. Develops programs, solutions and hardware systems along with staff to ensure cost-effective and current business information systems.
1. Minimum of 3-5 years of operational leadership experience.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
3. An interest in learning basic real estate practices. Ability to acquire a real estate license.
4. Strong attention to detail and process management skills.
At least 10 years of experience in a director-level Information Systems leadership role.
Master’s degree in Information Systems or related field.
At Chantel Ray Real Estate we want to change the way real estate is done in our country. It’s kind of like Apple wanting to change technology. At other big companies - they call themselves “franchises” but they are truly just brands. At Chantel Ray Real Estate, we are different. Our vision is to be the only TRUE real estate franchise that provides an EXCELLENT and CONSISTENT customer experience 100% of the time.