Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Director of Housekeeping
Your team is the reason most guests choose to stay in our hotels -- they provide exceptional housekeeping services, keeping the public areas and the guestrooms shining! You are the Housekeeping Director, and all those employees who wash the linens, polish the floors, and make the beds are your team! As their leader you ensure that guests are taken care of by a caring, well-trained and highly motivated staff.
In the role of Housekeeping Director, you will:
- Be the Business Manager -- you will oversee all aspects of the Housekeeping Department in order to ensure quality guest satisfaction, high employee engagement and operational efficiency. As the leader of this department, it is up to you to create an atmosphere where a diverse team of people are engaged and thrive.
- Be the Leader -- it is your job to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the laundry as well as all those areas occupied by the guests, establishing policies and procedures which meet and exceed brand requirements and then training your staff so that they offer impeccable service and understand the true meaning of "clean".
- Be a Financial Guru -- you will be very involved in the budget process and then must keep a pulse on daily occupancy so you schedule staff appropriately, managing expenses and maximize profits.
- Be the Manager on Duty --taking charge of the property when required. But, when short staffed, be willing to pitch in and help you team with whatever needs doing.
- This role requires at least five years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field, with at least two years in Housekeeping.
- Must know how to effectively use computers and computer software, as well as the various pieces of equipment/tools used in housekeeping.
- A high school diploma and relevant college coursework preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience is required as well.
- Physical requirements include the ability to perform medium work -- exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This role requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances, with the ability to kneel, bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, as well as the ability to work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
- Must be able to move quickly and agilely if a situation requiring quick assistance arises. Long hours sometimes required. Must be able to multi-task.
- Must possess excellent communication skills - fluency in reading,writing and speaking English required.
About Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Stunning views, well-appointed rooms, and a host of bespoke experiences are waiting for you at Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, a Rochester landmark with a history as rich as its future. Here, guests can indulge in an all-inclusive getaway, featuring our award-winning Horizons Modern Kitchen + Wine Bar, the Spa at Woodcliff, The Links at Woodcliff USGA-rated 9-hole golf course, and over 70 acres of hiking trails in our backyard. Recently named the top event venue in Rochester, Woodcliff offers over 14,000 square feet of event space, including our detached Event Center, for extraordinary weddings and unforgettable corporate events.
Of course, Woodcliff is a beautiful property, but without our associates, that's all it would be. It's our associates that have made us an industry-leading hotel, year after year, over three decades. If you share our passion for hospitality that shatters standards, we'd love to hear from you.