Hilton Charlotte University Place
We are looking for a Front Office Director to lead our hotel front office operations. You will act as the ‘face’ of our company and ensure visitors receive a heartwarming welcome. You will coordinate all front desk activities, including calls, reservations, and guest services. You should combine a pleasant personality with a dynamic and professional attitude to supervise and lead our team.
This is a department head role with direct reports including the Guest Services Manager, Assistant Front Office Manager and all Front Desk Agents, Night Audit, Bell Staff, and Security.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision-making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Ensures recognition of employees is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring quality, standards, and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Conducts department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding department goals to produce desired results.
- Reviews personnel levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Handle guest complaints and verify that all guest issues are resolved.
- Verifies compliance with all department, property, and company policies, standards and procedures.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Coordinates activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Verifies that all Front Office areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to the overall guest experience.
- Reviews guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Verifies employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for Front Office Staff.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
- Interviews and hires managers and hourly employee team members with the appropriate skills and in a timely manner to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, peers, and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Identifies and analyzes departmental operational challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Front Office Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Hotel Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Available for variable shifts
About Hilton Charlotte University Place
Our lakeside hotel is off I-85, a half-mile from The University of North Carolina at Charlotte and steps from The Shoppes at University Place. PNC Music Pavilion and the Charlotte Motor Speedway are 10 minutes away. Features include a seasonal outdoor pool, patio seating with fire pits, a café serving Starbucks coffee, an on-site restaurant/bar, 20,000 square feet of meeting/event space, a 24-hour fitness center, and walking trails.