We are looking for a motivated, high energy, well-organized, collaborative leader to develop and lead the finance activities for its innovative petro plant. The Plant Finance Manager is a key leader on the plant leadership team, providing strong financial leadership. The Plant Finance Manager is responsible for all financial activities and accounting operations of the plant, planning and coordinating the plant budget, and all business planning activities. The Plant Finance Manager will provide financial direction to the Plant and provide recommendations to improve site performance, assist in identifying and implementing corporate and local objectives and manage finance functions for the location.
You will be required to live near the facility which is located between Atlanta and Savana GA.
- Coordinate the plant’s annual budget as well as evaluate plant performance as compared to established financial and operational goals and projections
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, G/L, Inventory/Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Manage month-end closing and prepare monthly financial statements and other operational reports for site
- Analyze variances and communicates explanations to management with recommended actions
- Prepare forecasts of income statement, balance sheets, and statement of cash flows for the Plant
- Complete monthly and other recurring reporting, including month-end spend reporting and analysis, variance analysis, forecasting, productivity reporting, control scorecards, and metric tracking and reporting
- Must work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant or corporate objectives
- Build and develop Plant-level finance and accounting team, as needed
- Share best practices across global finance team, e.g. process improvements, financial modeling and procedures changes
- Provide proactive / unsolicited consultation, interpretation and education of complex financial and operational matters to various departmental leaders used to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with the Plant Manager, accountants and senior management to explain results, make improvements, manage projects, identify inefficiencies, understand operations and lead the development of complex analysis
- Monitor and implement plant internal controls (in conjunction with corporate policies) as necessary to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets, and identify risks
- Ensure proper accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as local statutory requirements
- Maintain a robust controls and compliance environment for site. Responsible for site internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including income statement and balance sheet reporting, fixed assets, inventory, journal entries, and plant financial management
- Ensure compliance to all local, state and Federal tax regulations
- Ability to understand plant activities with a view broader than just the finance function
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and communicate financial data to non-financial personnel
- Willing and able to work an industrial environment.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment as needed
- Ten (10) years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience establishing this role and function at a new Plant
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Cost accounting experience
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office and ORACLE financial software - experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) system is a bonus
- Three (3) years of experience working as a plant financial manager preferred
- Solid understanding of US GAAP requirements
- Strong ERP systems experience, NetSuite preferred
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Word and accounting systems is required
- Proficient with written and verbal communication including reports and presentations
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial data
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in handling multiple concurrent tasks and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries from the business.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, public groups, peers and staff
- May be asked to travel for corporate finance discussions to headquarters.
- BS / MS in Finance or Accounting
- CPA preferred, preferably public accounting and SOX experience
- Prior experience in the chemical, manufacturing or renewables industries a plus
About Joe Knows
Joe Knows delivers added value by providing experienced employees in multiple industries, who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the team.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regard to technical skills, past performance, and assessment of potential.