The Director of eCommerce and Digital Marketing is responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on management and execution of eCommerce marketing tactics, strategies, and promotions for a portfolio of branded hotels. The Director will lead and execute all eCommerce activities and digital marketing strategies, working closely with their eCommerce direct reports and Agency Partners; and working cooperatively with the Regional Vice President of Operation, Director of Sales, Director of Revenue Management and General Manager to achieve and exceed property financial goals. This position reports to the VP of eCommerce.
- Serve as eCommerce and digital marketing lead and execute digital strategy across hotels within defined portfolio.
- Manage team of eCommerce Managers, associates and analysts.
- Manage, oversee and lead relationships with brand-level eCommerce personnel, digital marketing agencies and third party software partnerships.
- Drive overall digital marketing strategies including search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), and social presence (social reputation and social media).
- Maintain active involvement in ongoing and annual electronic distribution strategy and planning in order to maximize online revenue and profitability.
- Analyze and report weekly and monthly digital web direct, online travel agency performance metrics and broader hotel performance data to stakeholders.
- Oversee and direct content generation tactics, distribution and archiving including photography, video, 3D and copywriting
- Oversee hotel listings and content on online travel agency websites in partnership with the Revenue Management team.
- Oversee and manage social media program, services and engagement including content, blog, marketing, advertising and measurement.
- Direct, deploy and maintain an email marketing strategy on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate and align hotel-specific branding with current branding guidelines, standards and initiatives.
- Lead and assist in the digital project life cycle through gathering, design, development, testing and launch.
- Support Sales and Revenue Departments regarding promotional and tactical marketing, e-Tools, and electronic media.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with direct reports, property leaders, internet marketing vendors, brand and Revenue Management team members.
- Provide eCommerce and digital marketing communication, education, and training.
- Continuously update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (conferences, workshops, and industry events), reading professional publications and maintaining network of industry players.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- 4+ years of digital marketing or eCommerce experience in hospitality industry.
- 4+ of experience in analyzing and reporting web traffic and eCommerce sales metrics.
- Strong understanding of website and eCommerce production and performance a must.
- Advanced knowledge of online booking engines and reservations systems merchandising and functionality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or Hospitality Marketing is preferred.
- Enterprise experience in managing multiple properties and/or accounts.
- Strong understanding of traditional and online marketing, content management and web analytics experience.
- Understanding or previous experience with major hotel brands such as Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and IHG is a plus.
HHM Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It