Adams Extract & Spice
We are looking for a Director of DSD Operations to join our team. If you are looking for a great company to work for, please apply!
You must be able to:
- Design, plan and develop procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of retail sales teams.
- Direct Division Managers, Division Support Managers, and DSD sales partners in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Accountable for all company retail activity and personnel in all geographic regions/areas of the company.
- Accountable for implementation and execution of DSD service schedules
- Accountable for all aspects of management account for all Regional Grocery accounts and managing Customer Relationships at all levels.
- Fully accountable to build strategic plans in order to develop and grow sales and market share while delivering strong profit
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales, merchandising, and marketing programs
- Attend company meetings to exchange product information and coordinate work activities with other departments
- Coordinate implementation of merchandising activities, including but not limited to new items, ads, grand openings, and customer requests
- Determine price schedules and discount rates
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability
- Monitor customer preferences to determine the focus of sales efforts
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with organization officials, and staff members as necessary
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes
- Monitor sales staff performance to ensure that goals are met and policies and procedures are followed
- Analyze and document business processes and problems and develop solutions to improve the operating quality and DSD efficiencies
- Monitor competitor activities, recommend paths forward to address these activities and implement approved plans
- Develop effective communications systems/relationships with all company and customer departments and organizational levels regarding account sales and operations
- Confer with management and Human Resources to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances
- Submit all required paperwork to headquarters by the required deadlines
- Utilize a company-issued email account to receive/send correspondence from/to headquarters
- Report commission information to the payroll department per the published schedule
- Abide by safety and sanitation regulations and follow all work procedures
- High School Diploma (or GED)- College degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in sales of grocery products to chain accounts and DSD operations
- Strong oral and written communication, attention to detail, interpersonal, time management, leadership, and delegation skills
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including some weekends in multiple regions and travel up to 35%
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software and smartphone/tablet technology, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications, and in conducting effective meetings and making clear and concise presentations
- Ability and willingness to take responsibility for personal actions, decisions, and results
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of tasks simultaneously, focusing on those with the highest business impact, including anticipating problems and taking appropriate preventive action to avoid crises whenever possible
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify long-term issues, develop and implement strategies to address these issues, and link shorter-term activities to these strategies
About Adams Extract & Spice
Since John A. Adams made his first product in 1888 and mixed his first vanilla extract on top of an old icebox in 1905, successive generations of Adams employees have built, extended, and sustained a respected and thriving company producing premium quality extracts and spices used with confidence daily in thousands of homes, restaurants, and food manufacturing facilities. YOU are reading this message because we want YOU to be a part of that proud tradition!