Director, Instructional Design and Development
All applicants will be given a background check, that will verify all dates of employment titles, and salary ranges. Any deviation from the absolute truth will void any and all consideration.
Responsible for managing the development of learning course content that supports the learning strategies of US Federal Contractor Registration clients as well as the employees of USFCR. Demonstrates effectiveness in: Collaborating with stakeholders, conducting needs analysis, project management, and evaluation skills. Works with cross-functional teams such as sales, marketing, client services to assist in identification of learning needs and strategies to execute the learning programs necessary for all audiences identified. This role is both strategic and tactical, meaning a person that is willing to role-up their sleeve to get the job done since resources will be limited.
• Manage the instructional design process to develop learning solutions for a variety of subjects and functions.
• Ongoing ownership for the identification and implementation of learning technologies to include but not limited to: Authoring tools, Development software, LMS, video software, etc.
• Develop and/or maintain learning materials for classroom, online delivery, self-study, performance support, etc. by implementing instructional design techniques and adult learning methods.
• Determine if training is the appropriate solution and the type of training needed to meet the need (classroom, webinar, eLearning, self-study, etc.)
• Analyze learning aims and objectives and work with team and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design solutions that align with these.
• Plan internal reviews and subsequent updates of all course content and associated activities prior to completion/delivery.
• Manage project teams of internal stakeholders and external vendors to complete content reviews and approval processes according to established schedules and calendars.
• Discuss ideas with team for images, graphics and animations prior to development.
• Create strategic processing and tracking processes for the content management project life-cycle.
• Work effectively with colleagues to create compelling and engaging deliverables.
This position will report to the President and COO of the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
• Master’s degree in instructional development, instructional technology or adult learning theory is a plus.
• Requires a minimum of 5 year’s professional experience in course design/development (LMS).
• Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize work, handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail required; ability to complete projects on time.
• Initiative and independent judgment is required to search out solutions within context of broad goals and long-term objectives.
• Team player with the ability to work and communicate effectively across multiple departments and levels of management, yet self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Ability to adapt to change quickly, and enthusiasm and resourcefulness when tackling unfamiliar tasks and requests.
• Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products required.
It is our mission to put our clients first and strive to exceed their expectations. We do this by providing them with a framework (People, Processes, & Technology) for lasting success when selling a product or service to the federal government. We strive to make every call, every contract, every bid, and every interaction fun and meaningful.
Our success comes from making sure our clients and staff grow daily, a model of constant improvement. Through this model we have taken large goals and made them possible for our clients. Results may not always happen overnight, but with commitment and a good plan, a dedicated team can accomplish anything.
9) Growth Oriented
10) Team Oriented
11) Long Term Focused