Work for a company that cares about you. At BrightStar Care Columbus, our employees make a difference in the lives of people every day, and we remain committed to making a difference in the lives of our employees. Be part of a team that appreciates the work you do and supports the career you want.
We are seeking individuals for the Dietary Aide/Server position in a nursing home setting. We are looking for someone who is compassionate and passionate about the care they give. The perfect candidate will be willing to go above and beyond during all of their shifts.
We offer excellent benefits, flexibility, and advanced technology that supports employees in delivering the best performance. We value our employees and we are offer benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive pay and weekly paychecks
- Paid time off
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Flexible scheduling and work/life balance
- Referral incentives and earning opportunities
- Recognition programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Helping to prepare the food for the residents and assist any residents that need help eating their meals
- Works alongside the dietary manager to prepare meals
- Assists in the cleanup, kitchen maintenance, and setting up and taking down the dining areas
- Other job duties can include: delivering food to residents’ rooms, preparing and serving snacks, taking inventory of food and kitchen supplies
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Must be able to follow instructions for reading recipes, dietary needs, and meal orders
- Must be able to physically prepare food, serve meals and assist residents in eating as well as being able to operate kitchen equipment and clean up after meals
- Must be compassionate and patient when working with elderly residents, as well as the residents’ family members
- Dietary aides spend most of the time on their feet and walking around performing various tasks
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in food supplies and other goods
- Working in a kitchen setting means extreme temperature changes, from excessive heat in the cooking area to freezing temperatures in the walk-in freezer
- Must have dietary experience in some form (restaurants, etc.)
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to be called for possible last-minute shift needs
- Must maintain good physical health and hygiene and adhere to all dress codes for the facility
$12 - $13 hourly
About BrightStar Care
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in people's lives? Do you want to work for a company that truly cares about you? At BrightStar Care, we become part of our clients' lives by providing the highest quality of care when they need our help the most. That's where you can shine.